RIP Art Bell

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

He gave the Lumie's of the world a voice.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
who is this guy? one of those stanton friedman UFO nuts?

Nah bro, he was the longtime host of 'AM Coast to Coast' and would interview anyone in the most non-biased form imaginable. It was like Larry King in time, delivery, and follow through except the interviewee was often someone claiming shit like seahorse looking aliens had infiltrated the Sudanese government.

Art seemed ginuinely interested in finding out what these people thought and what their proof was; I never heard him dismiss any claim as spurious nor denigrate anyone for saying whatever they thought. Do yourself a favor and catch some back episodes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Pre internet days at night he was big. Never made fun of anyone just talk to them. If you were working at night or traveling at night it was worth tuning into.

East of the rockies you're on the air.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I remember him when I was in highschool. I really enjoyed his style and he had a great radio voice.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

He used to hang out on 80m on ham radio pretty often. I heard him a few times but never made a contact with him. I don't think he was crazy, he some people that were borderline crazy on at times. The area 51 caller was one of those.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah bro, he was the longtime host of 'AM Coast to Coast' and would interview anyone in the most non-biased form imaginable. It was like Larry King in time, delivery, and follow through except the interviewee was often someone claiming shit like seahorse looking aliens had infiltrated the Sudanese government.

Art seemed ginuinely interested in finding out what these people thought and what their proof was; I never heard him dismiss any claim as spurious nor denigrate anyone for saying whatever they thought. Do yourself a favor and catch some back episodes.
oh, ok, i always had metal on at night. stern was basically my only talk radio show, sometimes rush, but thats about it.

Borzak

Because he was out west his shows or the repeats of them were on at like 2am in a lot of places.

Rime

<Donor>
Back when I did overnight security, Coast-2-Coast was one of the only stations I could pick up. He had some real loonies on the show at times, some real interesting guests, but the man always tried to be respectful and to draw people out, rather than attack them or push his own narrative.

• 1Solidarity

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Man, I grew up listening to Coast to Coast, what a bummer.

I didn't usually believe in what they were discussing, but I found all the conspiracy stuff they brought up fun and interesting to think about

• 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Yeah this one sucks. From 1996-2000 I spent a lot of time driving around the Southwest and Art's voice and the intro music to C2C were always a highlight of the trip. Guy was just so curious about so much weird shit out there. I loved how the earlier shows never screened calls and I can remember getting on air a few times on the "wild card" line to ask guests questions and once to talk about some bullshit story about my home town they were talking about. Made that call from a payphone outside a gas station in Magdalena, NM at around midnight.

tumblr_mz20cyoM7c1qg94hko1_250.gif

• 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Coast to Coast was fun back then. It's a pale imatation of it's former glory now days.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fucking lizard people finally got him. You will be avenged.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
The fucking lizard people finally got him. You will be avenged.
Reptilians.

The Lizard People were a benevolent race that ruled over Atlantis as Seraphim before the Reptilians ( an off-shoot with demon blood) corrupted them. Lumie can tell you all about it if you ask him.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reptilians.

The Lizard People were a benevolent race that ruled over Atlantis as Seraphim before the Reptilians ( an off-shoot with demon blood) corrupted them. Lumie can tell you all about it if you ask him.
That is what the lizard people want you to think!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
He had that mix of having a great radio voice, was knowledgeable and interested in strange phenomenon, yet while being courteous to his guests he did not shy away from asking tough questions. I especially remember his interviews with Terence McKenna (my avatar). Back when I was playing Vanilla and BC WoW I would spend ages levelling and grinding mobs while listening to illegal rips of his shows. Pitty that his replacement George Noory is too much of a "yes man" or ass kisser to his guests to actually ask the though, interesting questions.

The only other game I found that could match Art was Henrick Palmgren of Red Ice, back during their glory days. Sadly, starting about 2014/5 they basically quit taking in all the interesting fringe guests and started to focus exclusively on Alt-Right stuff. I still haven't found a good, (relatively) serious paranormal podcast. Sad. He will be missed. :(

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
He had that mix of having a great radio voice, was knowledgeable and interested in strange phenomenon, yet while being courteous to his guests he did not shy away from asking tough questions. I especially remember his interviews with Terence McKenna (my avatar). Back when I was playing Vanilla and BC WoW I would spend ages levelling and grinding mobs while listening to illegal rips of his shows. Pitty that his replacement George Noory is too much of a "yes man" or ass kisser to his guests to actually ask the though, interesting questions.

The only other game I found that could match Art was Henrick Palmgren of Red Ice, back during their glory days. Sadly, starting about 2014/5 they basically quit taking in all the interesting fringe guests and started to focus exclusively on Alt-Right stuff. I still haven't found a good, (relatively) serious paranormal podcast. Sad. He will be missed. :(

Pretty much this. I tolerate Noory though, but he's certianly no Art. It's as close as we got though. Definitely sad, Art was truly a one of a kind.

• 1Like