RIP Bourdain

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know chefs are nutty but to off yourself damn. Crazy highly intelligent guy always enjoyed his shows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I know everyone hates CNN but that dude was cool.

Partied and did drugs, saw the world, caused a riot buying out a restaurant trying to feed prople.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
heres my theory from pol thread
i doubt it was suicide, probably the David Caridine, he was choking himself out and jacking it, cuz he's been doing jui jitsu for 5 years and has gotten high off of other men chocking him out.

it's either that or he was done w/ his girlfriend Asia Argentos #poundmetoo, since shes one of the forerunners.

so Bourdain was either killed by

1.that auto asphyxiation

or
2. #metoo
asia_medio.jpg

• 1Picard
  • 1WTF
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

Sucks- never saw him as "CNN" - his travel channel stuff was better imo than CNN stuff- but all still good.

Always seemed to me he was a kindred lover of the Asian delights.

Wonder if it was an intentional suicide or that's the front for an OD the fam agreed upon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It can't be suicide, you have to be one of the shittiest ppl on earth to leave behind an 11yr old

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh no, one less person to lecture us about white privilege.

• 8Like
  • 2Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna miss him. His shows going to far off lands helped me fill a bucket list of places to travel.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This is terrible and a bad way to start the weekend

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think that was the first thing in many people's mind (going out David Caridine style). At first couldn't stand him as I thought he was a pretentious dick, but he grew on me overtime and I am truly saddened by the news. With that said, leaving a 11 year old daughter behind...fuck him.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Always seemed to me like he probably did a lot of drugs. I'm going with OD, and not actually suicide.

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Anthony Bourdain: 'Every Restaurant In America Would Shut Down' If Trump Became President
CNN host Anthony Bourdain says he would poison Trump if he had to cook for him
He wasn't all bad to be fair
Anthony Bourdain attacks Hollywood silence over Weinstein | Daily Mail Online

I've had a few close people to me commit suicide and every single time I felt bad for them I was set straight by family and friends that I should feel only bad for the family left behind because it is the most selfish act in the world. So in fairness to Robin Williams and others I respected at one time or another. Fuck him.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Eric Ripert found him. He definitely killed himself. And he was an incredibly fucked up individual the same way Robin Williams was. Always in need to make everything into a joke. Never heard two serious words from his mouth and I met him about 50 times.

Editors make for good tv. But we all know these people and no one ever stops and wonders if it’s a bad idea. They’re always performing and when someone asks what they’re really like no one knows. Same with Bourdain. He will be described in the exact same way by hundreds of people who didn’t really know him at all. Not sure anyone did.

• 2Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Fucker hung himself so you’d an put the oD story to bed

I find it hard to pity someone who does this to his child

• 6Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I loved No Reservation. I watched it relentlessly in college. He got me to try foods I'd never heard of. He was one of my favorite chef personalities.

That said, committing suicide and leaving behind a young child is a fucking bitch move. I may have loved him, but I certainly no longer respect him.

• 6Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I respected him far more when his show was about food and travel, rather than politics and social justice with a culinary veneer.

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users