RIP Discord

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've never seen it go down like this.

Disco.PNG

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
It's happening. We were just the practice run...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
you know, there was feature on this very site that functioned in a rather similar manner albeit in a much condensed and simplistic way. Maybe it's the universe trying to tell us something

iannis

Musty Nester
So hackerman is trying to influence the election already!

YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED, HACKERMAN. FREEDOM AND LOVE WILL WIN THE DAY.

Vinen

God is dead
HOSTED CLOUD IS GOOD

//watches google shit all over itself while Discord blames google

Fucking people. You need hybrid cloud... have you own shit as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's coming back around to on-prem stuff being super key once you scale past a certain point. SREs absolutely hate it because it adds "complexity" but DCs with super redundant power and network ingress can do a lot to keep your service alive when the cloud has a burp. Just don't do what my company does and use physical node redundancy vs. vms/containers for redundancy. That shit means you are -always- in email chains with your vendors, constantly, and you quickly learn to hate all vendors.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
It's coming back around to on-prem stuff being super key once you scale past a certain point. SREs absolutely hate it because it adds "complexity" but DCs with super redundant power and network ingress can do a lot to keep your service alive when the cloud has a burp. Just don't do what my company does and use physical node redundancy vs. vms/containers for redundancy. That shit means you are -always- in email chains with your vendors, constantly, and you quickly learn to hate all vendors.

This is the exact industry I work in so I am extra-bias :)

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Fuck the cloud with the exception of hosting your public websites and some monitoring tools. Nothing beats a robust on prem network in a quality data center for performance and uptime.
I particularly love how they can have some performance degradation where your shit is so slow it’s unusable, but that isn’t considered “downtime” to them as they flaunt their 99.99% uptime statistic. Waiting 4 hours for some tech to do what you can do 5 minutes on prem while your shit is down or crawling is maddening.

• 1Like