Rip Off Music

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I didn't know who Ed Sheeran is, just some asshole that made an appearance on GoT, apparently he's a no talent hack that just steals songs, his current offence

He previously lost to fucking TLC

I'm having difficulty with this one
But he lost this lawsuit and that lawyer who won, is now suiing him again!!!

That lawyer also won in the lawsuit w/ alen thicke and marven gay, blurred lines
what song is blurred lines? some shitty song that had Emily Ratajkowski (and what she's known for) dancing naked

And of course the oldly and goody
(my first experience w/ rip off music)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the main riff to Green Day - Brain Stew follows the same chord progression as the classical piece Canon in D by Pachelbel (you know the one, they play it at weddings all the time), straight up. Billy Joe admits it tho.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure that melody from under pressure is a ripoff of a george jones song. White lightning.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
the main riff to Green Day - Brain Stew follows the same chord progression as the classical piece Canon in D by Pachelbel (you know the one, they play it at weddings all the time), straight up. Billy Joe admits it tho.

That riff is used in all sorts of shit. 25 or 6 to 4 is the biggest one that comes to mind. But it's common in a lot of metal.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That riff is used in all sorts of shit. 25 or 6 to 4 is the biggest one that comes to mind. But it's common in a lot of metal.

i said Brain Stew when i actually meant Basket Case

Brain Stew obviously isn't Canon in D, my bad.

Jive Turkey

Karen
This one drives me fucking nuts because the real one is so good. I swear the first time I heard it playing in the background I thought it was a cover

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Back in the day, John Fogerty got sued for ripping himself off...

sounded too much like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fogerty practically wrote all the music. The other dudes are just scrubs wanting some more cash flow after he ditched 'em.