RIP Paco de Lucia

Disp_sl

shitlord
Damn, this guy was such a badass. I used to listen to him all the time when I was learning classical guitar and intro flamenco stuff.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
His choice of notes. Right hand fingers.

Awesome guitarist that still makes my head hurt.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
His choice of notes. Right hand fingers.

Awesome guitarist that still makes my head hurt.
That was spectacular. And the other guy (apologies if he's famous) is unbelievable, too. I didn't hear a single rolled string and the fingerwork was amazing.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
whoa, not sure what light it sheds on my year of classical guitar in college that my teacher never turned me on to him. big loss, and now I'll be spending the next week OCD'ing over his stuff.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
That's Al Di Meola, the one with the glasses. I discovered De Lucia in the late 90s via the album "Friday Night in San Francisco" with Di Meola and John McLaughlin. Check it out sometime. Great improvisational record.

Disp_sl

shitlord
whoa, not sure what light it sheds on my year of classical guitar in college that my teacher never turned me on to him. big loss, and now I'll be spending the next week OCD'ing over his stuff.
WTF? Paco de Lucia was the most famous classical/flamenco guitarist of the 20'th century. That's crazy your teacher never even mentioned him.