RIP Roger Ebert.

Dom_sl

shitlord
No matter what you may think of his opinions, writing style, or anything else about the man: you have to admire him for how he handled his illness and his last years.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Dont think there will ever be another critic so renowned or well known ever again.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Holy shit, I was just reading an article that his cancer had returned so he was going to delay his movie reviewing. I wasn't expecting that quick of a death
frown.png

orcmauler

Golden Squire
Holy shit, I was just reading an article that his cancer had returned so he was going to delay his movie reviewing. I wasn't expecting that quick of a death
frown.png
Same. I grew up with Siskel and EbertAt the Moviesand always made it a point to find whatever backwater channel it was playing on in my area (Hi to you 1:00 pm Sunday afternoons). Ebert is, no was, one of the few people I can honestly say I envied his intellect and writing prowess. The man's ability to turn a phrase was astounding and I am personally dismayed at the loss.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I always read his reviews before any others. That's not to say I always agreed with him, but it was always a solid starting point.

Charles_sl

shitlord
That's too bad really. I also heard about his cancer coming back or causing some issues for him recently, just a day or two ago, so his death seems very sudden. He was just a great writer in general, even if you're not that into movies, even if you haven't seen the movie or have no interest in seeing the movie, it was always worth it to read the review.