RIP, Terry Pratchett

Chris

Potato del Grande
My first thought was relief unfortunatly. I was a huge fan of his books growing up but you could tell even then that too many characters were the same archetype hinting at fortgetfulness, "inset new victorian invention into discworld" got old after the variety of the first books and I wanted it to stop.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just saw this picture of Terry Pratchett taken moments before his death:

terry-brush.jpg

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

RIP.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Why couldn't baby Jesus take RR Martin instead? Sucks.
I just saw the headline on CNN.com "Fantasy Author Dies" and assumed they were talking about Martin. It's sad any time an author dies because you know you'll never get to experience more stories in the world(s) they created.

Devlin

Golden Squire
My first thought was relief unfortunatly. I was a huge fan of his books growing up but you could tell even then that too many characters were the same archetype hinting at fortgetfulness, "inset new victorian invention into discworld" got old after the variety of the first books and I wanted it to stop.
Sadly I do know what you mean, which is not to say I stopped loving the Discworld but more I worried they would be damaged.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rip. Going Postal was a favorite book of mineas a kid.
HOW OLD AM I!?

This legitimately bummed me out when I saw it earlier today. Like if someone I knew and loved IRL died. I don't usually get that from any celebrity death no matter how much I liked them.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Man that sucks, count me in the usually never bothered but this affecting me group. I used to readWhere's My Cowto my kids when they were little almost every night and have just now started introducing them to his other works.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
HOW OLD AM I!?

This legitimately bummed me out when I saw it earlier today. Like if someone I knew and loved IRL died. I don't usually get that from any celebrity death no matter how much I liked them.
2004, I was either a junior or senior in high school. Practically fetal (

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Neil Gaiman did an interview yesterday. He spent most of it talking about his reaction to Terry Pratchett's death and what it was like working with him. It's really worth a watch if you were a fan, in my opinion:

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair, I only read his books last year. I'm 30, just never knew about him.

Loved his writing.