River Cruise France

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to send my mom on a river cruise in France that would include a few nights in Paris. She's 62, will be traveling alone and can travel at any time. If anyone has any suggestions for the following, it would be greatly appreciated!

1) Best time of year to travel considering weather and crowds.
2) Cruise line suggestions? Good bang for buck, not econo but not luxury.
3) Budget ~$3k not including airfare from the US. Less would obviously be better.

Thank you!

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd like to send my mom on a river cruise in France that would include a few nights in Paris. She's 62, will be traveling alone and can travel at any time. If anyone has any suggestions for the following, it would be greatly appreciated!

1) Best time of year to travel considering weather and crowds.
2) Cruise line suggestions? Good bang for buck, not econo but not luxury.
3) Budget ~$3k not including airfare from the US. Less would obviously be better.

Thank you!

If you're thinking about a cruise in the north of France, May would be best. Before it could be snowing, after 15 of June it can be too hot. May if really the best for everything north of Paris. In the south, march / april / may should be good.

A 7 night cruise should cost 700€ to 1500€ , but that's the price per individual assuming you're 2, so it's 30% to 80% more expensive if you're traveling single, so 900€ to 2700€.

This website is in french / german / spanish but not english, oddly : Croisières Rhône - Saone en avril 2017 : Offres, promos, infos...
This one isn't in english either : Croisière Axe Nord-Sud de Amsterdam à Avignon (ACA_PP) - 10 jours, au départ de Amsterdam but in spanish / french / italian.
Somehow the website in english tend to have nothing under $3k.

In $3000 you could book 3 nights in Paris ($600), train to Macon or Lyon ($100), river cruise $1500, fly back to paris ($150) or even fly to Roma or Barcelona , London and fly back from there to the US.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
If you're thinking about a cruise in the north of France, May would be best. Before it could be snowing, after 15 of June it can be too hot. May if really the best for everything north of Paris. In the south, march / april / may should be good.

A 7 night cruise should cost 700€ to 1500€ , but that's the price per individual assuming you're 2, so it's 30% to 80% more expensive if you're traveling single, so 900€ to 2700€.

This website is in french / german / spanish but not english, oddly : Croisières Rhône - Saone en avril 2017 : Offres, promos, infos...
This one isn't in english either : Croisière Axe Nord-Sud de Amsterdam à Avignon (ACA_PP) - 10 jours, au départ de Amsterdam but in spanish / french / italian.
Somehow the website in english tend to have nothing under $3k.

In $3000 you could book 3 nights in Paris ($600), train to Macon or Lyon ($100), river cruise $1500, fly back to paris ($150) or even fly to Roma or Barcelona , London and fly back from there to the US.

Thank you so much, I've been learning all about "single supplement" fee.