Robot Vacuums and Robot Moppers

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Looking to buy something like a Roomba. We got a hardwood floor, 1200 square feet. 2 cats and a dog. Picking up all the animal hair, dust and small bits of trash on the floor is the primary goal, but if the mopping technology has gotten pretty advanced, im interested in that functionality very much as well. Mopping is one of my most dreaded chores.

Theres a lot of competitors and brands out there now so its hard to know whats legit and whats Chinese garbage thats dumber than a doorstop.

Any recommendations on what the best ones are and what the best value is?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Looking to buy something like a Roomba. We got a hardwood floor, 1200 square feet. 2 cats and a dog. Picking up all the animal hair, dust and small bits of trash on the floor is the primary goal, but if the mopping technology has gotten pretty advanced, im interested in that functionality very much as well. Mopping is one of my most dreaded chores.

Theres a lot of competitors and brands out there now so its hard to know whats legit and whats Chinese garbage thats dumber than a doorstop.

Any recommendations on what the best ones are and what the best value is?
With stuff like this, I think it's hard to trust a single person's recommendation because no one has owned all of them.

I've never owned a mop robot, but both of the vacuuming irobots I own have been great and worth the money. No idea if the lower cost knockoffs work as well.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Im at the point where I trust zero internet reviews because theyre all shills building affiliate links to farm affiliate cash, or the companies making fake reviews to pump their own ratings.

I'd trust a single person's recommendation more these days than some "10 best vacuum robots for 2020" on www.vacuum-robot-reviews.com website

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Top ten on consumer reports atm. Family member has a eufy, likes it a lot.

Annotation 2020-06-28 110646.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Seems like a lot of places are recommending EUfy 11S and Amazon had it for $160 so I just went with that

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Seems like a lot of places are recommending EUfy 11S and Amazon had it for $160 so I just went with that

eufy makes the security cams too, i have a doorbell, i like it, it's also owned by anker the portable battery company.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Update: This thing is a fucking champ. If youre still on the fence about robo vacuums, try this one as its pretty affordable.

No regrets here.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Woot had a shark ion for $99 bucks a few weeks ago. Wifi/ Alexa. Use it upstairs, all carpet. Works really well. Im surprised how quickly it gets full. Probably from under the beds. It's crazy quiet compared to my 2 old roombas downstairs.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
We have an iRobot on each floor. We have a couple cats in the house, and it really cleans up the hair. We have somewhere around 3,500 square feet, and we periodically start them in specific rooms so they get it all. They really do a good job at picking up the pet hair. We run ours Monday through Friday, and clean it out almost every time.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Update: This thing is a fucking champ. If youre still on the fence about robo vacuums, try this one as its pretty affordable.

No regrets here.
Wife likes it getting more up than our existing robot. However it shit out one of the roles today somehow. Not sure if bad unit, wierd fluke or what.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All the issues with mine. This time one of the slingers somehow caught and wound in the carpet......

20200706_171408.jpg

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i have an eufy. works decently, i do have to finish redoing my kitchen floor (right now it is linoleum from 1990. replacing it with a lanimate "hardwood" i have h ad the material for the past 3 months, just have not had the time over the weekend to rip out the linoleum and move the china cabinet/stove/refrigerator. i did to the living room over 3 days initially(took ~9hrs total) when i got the flooring.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Already dead.
i think it's gonna be a cancellation order anyway
20fe53aee9ac0926221cee641cb95a8c.png

theres no reason it should take over a week to arrive, other than to stall, it said shipped, but the only updates i get from ups is label created only.