Rock Band 2 PS3... yes, this ol blast from the past

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so tonight (for the PS3), my kids were asking about this game and i hooked it all back up.. they are about the age to enjoy it, but when i hooked it all up, all my DLC was gone and i can't connect to the music store... all songs i had previously downloaded are totally gone. Does anyone have any clue as to how to get them back?
I've tried the store (but can't connect to it, does someone mind testing to see if they can even connect to the store so i can eliminate that as an issue)
I've tried well, pretty much just the store as no idea what else it could be... this is the same original PS3 i've had since PS3 launch day.
I know that some songs expired (found when checking Google, but nothing about losing every song downloaded)
Thoughts? Ideas?
Thanks in advance all!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
thanks for link.. but even the link says
""
What this means is Harmonix will no longer accept song submissions or release new content through the Rock Band Network. However, the songs previously released through the Rock Band Network will continue to be offered for sale.
""

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I played the hell out of Frets on Fire a few years back. No idea if it's been kept up to date, and I don't even remember if it did drums etc or just guitar, but basically with PC + any old guitroller you can play Rock Band 1 & 2, Guitar Hero 1-3 (4's controller wasn't supported at the time), and infinity user coded songs of highly varying quality. There were even skins for it (FoFX?) that made it look like your game of choice.

Of course, that means having your kids tying up your PC. Do you have a crappy spare you can use? Just output to tv and enjoy.

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever finished Rock Band on expert...

Needless

Toe Sucker
Come to think of it, I don't think I ever finished Rock Band on expert...
Scrub, go clear Visions on expert drums~

That's pretty fucking gay if you can't at least download the songs you already had purchased. I'd want a refund for the billion songs i downloaded back in the day

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Those games were a terrific vehicle for introducing a generation to tons of bands... and then the music industry turned around and went DERP YOU SHULD PAY US MORE DERP and killed the entire genre. Same exact thing happened to MTV.

"These people are advertising our product for free.. THEY MUST BE STOPPED!"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the genre died because of oversaturation of the market and no where to go to advance the genre

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's true but since the licensing agreements were made while the series were at their peaks I would imagine the costs were too high to continue making the games after sales died down. In other words I think what truly killed the games was a combination of both factors. No doubt there was still a reasonable audience who would have continued buying the games.