Rock climbing: Bouldering,Sport,Trad, Free solo, Deep water

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've gone wall climbing and I love it. Can't imagine doing it on actual rock (like what he's doing) since I guess my grip just sucks. Really sweet how he went completely horizontal, though.

ColourofSpace_sl

shitlord
I've gone wall climbing and I love it. Can't imagine doing it on actual rock (like what he's doing) since I guess my grip just sucks. Really sweet how he went completely horizontal, though.
You just have to practice. I have been climbing with my brother for years now, and he trains daily, for most of the year, and it really shows when we go outdoors; his grip stamina, etc... are much better than mine. That's not to say that you have to go that route to enjoy yourself, I've climbed a couple 5-11D by just climbing a few times a week and letting experience lead me.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Adam Ondra on-sighting the Golden ticket 5.14d last month. Crux starts at 4:20. Cant believe he skips a quick draw

Loki_sl

shitlord
Man, I fucking love the Red. What's your home crag? We've got some decent stuff down here in Austin, but it just doesn't compare with the perfect, sculpted stone they've got in Ky.
rrr_img_1903.jpg
rrr_img_1904.jpg

rrr_img_1905.jpg

rrr_img_1906.jpg
rrr_img_1907.jpg

rrr_img_1903.jpg

rrr_img_1904.jpg

rrr_img_1905.jpg

rrr_img_1906.jpg

rrr_img_1907.jpg

Woad_sl

shitlord
I've been indoor climbing a few times and loved it. I decided I'm going to try out the gym near me (Portland Rock Gym) this Friday. If I like it I'll probably get a membership and start going regularly.

ColourofSpace_sl

shitlord
Man, I fucking love the Red. What's your home crag? We've got some decent stuff down here in Austin, but it just doesn't compare with the perfect, sculpted stone they've got in Ky.
rrr_img_1903.jpg
rrr_img_1904.jpg

rrr_img_1905.jpg

rrr_img_1906.jpg
rrr_img_1907.jpg
I live about two hours from the Red; probably go there once or twice a year. I used to go to the Obed in Knoxville weekly but switched to mostly bouldering since moving to Chattanooga.

rrr_img_1903.jpg

rrr_img_1904.jpg

rrr_img_1905.jpg

rrr_img_1906.jpg

rrr_img_1907.jpg

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Good to see Loki made the move.

My climbing has suffered in the past 2 years, with basically rebuilding the house and then having a kid. Sucks.

I live in the best area for climbing too... doubles the pain somewhat.

I shall climb more next year.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
rrr_img_1903.jpg
rrr_img_1904.jpg

rrr_img_1905.jpg

rrr_img_1906.jpg
rrr_img_1907.jpg
Yes the red is awesome but I am jealous Loki. You live in the state with the bouldering proving grounds! I live in North GA so my destination place is The Stone Fort in TN, Horsepens40, and Rocktown GA. We also had the nations largest gym open up two years ago which they decided to build 20 minutes from my house!
rrr_img_2141.jpg
rrr_img_2142.jpg
rrr_img_2143.jpg

rrr_img_1903.jpg

rrr_img_1904.jpg

rrr_img_1905.jpg

rrr_img_1906.jpg

rrr_img_1907.jpg

rrr_img_2141.jpg

rrr_img_2142.jpg

rrr_img_2143.jpg

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was climbing 2-3 times a week at the local gym for about a year before I dislocated a patellar tendon doing something else, and have been lazy while rehabbing it for the last 3 months. I'm hoping to get down to the Red this spring/summer if I can get a solid week or two off at the same time as my belay partner.

phen_sl

shitlord
Well, this thread pertains to my interest...

I manage a climbing gym in North Carolina, am the head route setter, and coach the climbing team here. Nice to know there are fellow nerds who like rock climbing.

Woad_sl

shitlord
I've been indoor climbing a few times and loved it. I decided I'm going to try out the gym near me (Portland Rock Gym) this Friday. If I like it I'll probably get a membership and start going regularly.
Fuck I'm sore, but had a good time. Was able to do a 5.8 before I lost all my grip strength. Found out there's a new gym even closer to me so I'll probably be checking that out this week. Hopefully I'll hurt less afterwards.