Rocket League - PS4/PC

Solariss

Golden Squire
Sorry if repost, did a search and didn't see anything. If you haven't played this game, do so RIGHT NOW. Holy shit this is the most fun I've had playing a game in a really long time. It is soccer with rocket cars. It's in closed beta this weekend until May 3rd. The game is supposedly releasing this summer.

UPDATE:Release Date - July 7th for PS4/PC cross-platform play!!!

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks, used your key. Been having a blast all afternoon with it! It's a lot of fun but I can't fucking score for shit so far. I'll definitely pick this up on release depending on what price they set it at.

Solariss

Golden Squire
Thanks, used your key. Been having a blast all afternoon with it! It's a lot of fun but I can't fucking score for shit so far. I'll definitely pick this up on release depending on what price they set it at.
Check this out:Rocket League PS4 beta - Fyshokids highlights - YouTube

This guy is obviously crazy good at the game... I can't do any of what he's doing, but it gives you an idea of the crazy shit you can pull off in this game. The skill cap seems very high. I'm betting it's gonna be around $20. Beta ends tonight, but they will be doing another beta in a few weeks with more features added. I'm surprised nobody else here has replied to this or tried the game... it is getting a lot of positive talk on reddit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is this by the same team (and board member) that did Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars? Looks like the exact same thing only for PS4.

edit: Oops, guess so, just watched the launch trailer and answered that quick. That's awesome to see the sequel is coming out, grats to them!

Erie_sl

shitlord
So bummed I missed out this weekend. Been waiting for this game for a long time, so few games anymore that support local co-op play... if there actually is one on the ps4.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I ended up riding it out until the servers went down last night again. So sad that they are only doing beta weekends at the moment, can't wait to play this again! Definitely a must-buy from me at this point.

Solariss

Golden Squire
It is a must buy for me too. I played with my friend and brother on a team most of the weekend... I didn't even know about this game until a few days ago and now I'm more excited for it than I was for Bloodborne. There will be another beta in a few weeks with more features supposedly. I can't imagine how much fun it's going to be with more maps, stats, and whatever else will be in the full game.

Solariss

Golden Squire
Beta is back already!!! They didn't announce it yet, but servers have been live for a full 24 hours now. It will be open till May 19th.

Erie_sl

shitlord
Sweet, just got my invite today.. just made my weekend off so much better.
smile.png

Erie_sl

shitlord
Love the matchmaking in this game, my first 5 games or so, I scored 3+ goals per game then it finally paired me with people who knew what they were doing. Aka... a goalie. By far my favorite ps4 game, though I have been waiting for it ever since it's been announced. Spent countless hours on it on ps3.

Solariss

Golden Squire
Yup, the game is amazing. It deserves to be checked out by everyone here with a ps4! I am really disappointed that more people aren't checking this thread.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Solariss add me if I'm not on your list. I'll be on later this afternoon and weekend. Just played a couple of matches during lunch and was cracking up. Lots of fun.

Solariss

Golden Squire
I'll add you guys when I get on. I'm usually playing with my buddy and sometimes we have a third friend, but if we are looking for a third or I'm on by myself, I'll give give you guys a shout.