Roddy Piper dead at 61

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Wrestling legend Roddy Piper has died at the age of 61 .. TMZ Sports has learned.
Piper -- born Roderick George Toombs -- passed away from natural causes at a home in Hollywood.
Piper was a wrestling icon -- one of the biggest stars in the WWE back in the '80s.
Piper had been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2006 ... but last November he said he was cancer free.
Roddy was admitted into the WWE Hall of Fame back in 2005 ... and was one of the top 50- villains in the history of the WWE .

Read more:Roddy Piper Dead -- Dies at 61 | TMZ.com

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don't know if it's the lifestyle or the 'roids, but these childhood wrestlers can't seem to make it past 60 or so.

Oldbased

> Than U
Loved that guy. I remember some Sci Fi where he was the only fertile man left alive and everyone was hunting him down to fuck all the worlds women to save humanity called Hell comes to Frogtown.
He was just getting back into acting again and had lots of projects in the works.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider

Sucks losing another great childhood wrestler, least he gave us the single greatest fight scene ever.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I remember watching the celebrity wife swap episode with Roddy and Rick Flair, it was pretty cool. His private life and home were really tame, sad to see him go.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
He even had Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I'm sure the 80/90s party wagon wasn't helpful, but his body was fucked just from wrestling alone. Replaced hip etc. Working and taking a beaten like these guys took 7 days a week without a break took its toll. Pretty surprising many have even lasted this long. Shit is fake but the knocks are real. Pain pills, concussions, groupie gangbangs, and injuries without time off will kill you.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
No ones judging here. When Curt Henning died the stuff Larry said was mind blowingly blunt. We expect these guys to do these high octane performances but not suffer the consequences or need the relief from all the physical abuse. Weight lifting, steroids, beating the shit out of each other, etc... Night after night.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I had no clue the Maniac was a real wrestler lol. Loved all of his bits in Sunny. Damn!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had no clue the Maniac was a real wrestler lol. Loved all of his bits in Sunny. Damn!
I actually had no idea that was him until now.

CzVuLcM.jpg

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know if it's the lifestyle or the 'roids, but these childhood wrestlers can't seem to make it past 60 or so.
wrestling like this may not be "real" but it is very phsysical and very violent and they run some pretty punishing schedules to keep up with and a lot of the participants used an awful lot of legal and not legal drugs to deal with pain which all takes a toll. Its a lot like professional football its hard to be that physically huge doing that level of activity and not eventually just burn yourself up early.