RTS Games

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know, but the map is buggy as hell. When I play it with protoss my APM almost doubles
biggrin.png
That is because in normal games Protoss only needs 10 APM!

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Been playing the Rise Of Nations rerelease on steam. Surprising how much it does right, but wish there were some better combat commands, like stay the fuck right here. I'll have a general entrench and then the units just chase people lol.

I really liked company of heroes, the old C&C stuff, DoW, etc. Never played the middle earth one tho, any good?

Rime

<Donor>
Battle for Middle Earth 1 was alright, though quite simple. Battle for Middle Earth 2 added a lot more options and an overworld 'conquest' style map like in Dawn of War. It also had the option to make your own hero for the various races.

Yirr_sl

shitlord
Been playing the Rise Of Nations rerelease on steam. Surprising how much it does right, but wish there were some better combat commands, like stay the fuck right here. I'll have a general entrench and then the units just chase people lol.
Been playing this a lot too. Change your building stance in game options to hold your ground, and your guys wont break formation. Think there is a way to select each unit and set its stance, but can't remember what it is atm.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
total Annihilation was the pinnacle of RTS games following that mold. Nothing has come close since. And that's considering Ta had a lot of problems like poor network optimisation, poor pathfinding with lots of units on the field and balance (flash rush or pelicans in cc, etc..). stil was the most enjoyable large scale RTS i've ever played and most likely will ever since no one makes those games anymore. (supreme commander were all garbage).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Been playing this a lot too. Change your building stance in game options to hold your ground, and your guys wont break formation. Think there is a way to select each unit and set its stance, but can't remember what it is atm.
Is Rise of Nations a good game in it's own right, by today's standards? Or is it more of a nostalgia play? I was always choked that I never got around to playing it back in the day.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If anyone in here wants to try and learn Starcraft2 at a competitive level I can help as much as I can. I'm not the best at the game but I know what to do at a theoretical level at least and can answer any questions about playing Terran at a competitive level.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Is Rise of Nations a good game in it's own right, by today's standards? Or is it more of a nostalgia play? I was always choked that I never got around to playing it back in the day.
I have not played it in years but I remember really enjoying it. Basically you go from a Stone Axe all the way to Nuclear Bombs, good times.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I loved it back in the day, nowadays though I am more of a tactical hybrid RTSer (DoW2 and CoH). Rise of Nations is tech up and set your barracks to produce infinite units waypointed on whatever city you want to ravage, cause the AI is set to do the same in defense.