Rugby World Cup!

Szlia

Well... I was looking forward to see what the resident experts on rugby had to say about the surprise win of Japan over South Africa... only to realize there is no Rugby World Cup thread
frown.png
So now there is one!

And, yeah... Rugby World Cup in England. It started Friday and will last until the end of October.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Such a shitty timezone, I doubt I'll be able to catch that many of the matches.
Does seem like a huge amount of time and effort wasted just to decide who's going to be the runners up to the Mighty All Blacks!

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Such a shitty timezone, I doubt I'll be able to catch that many of the matches.
Does seem like a huge amount of time and effort wasted just to decide who's going to be the runners up to the Mighty All Blacks!
I'm surprised you are not backing Australia's chances at the cup!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My wife was in literal tears after Japan scored that try. Springboks look old, slow and uninterested. Almost like they thought they could just show up and over awe Japan. Pulling for SA obviously, but if they get bounced I'd like to see hosts win it. Great tourney to watch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well... I was looking forward to see what the resident experts on rugby had to say about the surprise win of Japan over South Africa... only to realize there is no Rugby World Cup thread
frown.png
So now there is one!

And, yeah... Rugby World Cup in England. It started Friday and will last until the end of October.
The entire reason why this upset doesn't hold much for us in the US is the Rugby World Cup costs $200 to STREAM in the US. NBCSN is raping us literally. No Eagles games live. It sucks so hard. Rugy for me is the #1 sport worldwide... it fucking sucks.. ><

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sadly for any American that wants to watch the World Cup it costs $200. I love Rugby and Cricket and we are being held down over PPV stupid prices. Want to buy one Rugby World Cup match? Fork over $40 bucks... FU you NBCSN! Even the Eagles matches aren't being broadcast live.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Almost feel sorry for England, but not really.

Must say, the man of the match was pretty embarrassing. Kinda feel bad for the guy that got it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wife's pumped - boks advance! Then we watched NZL/France - now she's not as pumped heh. Tournaments been great, but really wanna see a NH side move on, hoping its Ireland

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Scotland played really well at the weekend - my fucking wife.... Okie State has homecoming this weekend (which I love going to) and she's forcing me to stay home to watch Saffa get pummeled by the Kiwi's.. I think saffa has a chance, but watching them last weekend tells me SA needs to play above themselves, and NZ needs to play down to the level of the competition to make this worth watching. Can't see it happening, but if I'm going to watch it I'm going to watch it all-in. Argies/Aussie should be tasty as well

Szlia

Lomu died of an heart attack today at age 40. He had severe kidney issue for years. He had a kidney transplant, played some rugby again, but got ill again and was waiting for another transplant, spending 6 hours a day getting dialyses... It's not clear to me if the heart attack is related to the illness, but... yeah. Too young.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Lomu died of an heart attack today at age 40. He had severe kidney issue for years. He had a kidney transplant, played some rugby again, but got ill again and was waiting for another transplant, spending 6 hours a day getting dialyses... It's not clear to me if the heart attack is related to the illness, but... yeah. Too young.
He had a rare kidney disease, nephrotic syndrome, which comes with a whole host of problems and one of them is an increased chance of heart attack or "sudden death".

The man was unique as a rugby player; 6 foot 5 inches, 280 pounds, running 40m in 4.3 seconds and 100m in 10.6 seconds. And he had moves too, he didn't just run over tacklers. The Dallas Cowboys tried to sign him in 1996 but he declined the offer.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Such a tragic loss. I still vividly remember how he stormed through the 1995 world cup. Probably one of the first superstars of rugby union to enter my consciousness.