Rule Change Suggestions - Aug 2017 elections

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
While there were a few ideas proposed for rule changes since the initial creation of the site rules, it seems like most of them have been forgotten and slipped through the cracks. Unfortunately, by the time the very limited window to officially suggest new rules came and went, we only got a couple that squeaked in.

This thread is for people to make suggestions for rule changes in preparation for the next election when they can be officially considered. In the meantime, we can discuss the pros/cons of proposed rule changes here, and possibly refine our ideas before submitting them in August.

Depending on how this thread goes, we can consider compiling the final versions of all the suggested rule changes into one list come election time, where they can be voted upon individually. This way you don't have to worry about making mental notes months in advance to act within a very specific time frame.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Suggestion: Voting results should be invisible during the entire mod election and only be made visible after the results are final.

Rationale: Being able to see the results on the fly encourages strategizing and changing votes for candidates who people think are going to win instead of who they think should win. There are users who might make great mods but who will never gain enough momentum as long as people see they haven't received many votes and assume they would be a wasted vote.

Also, we have already seen people being publicly shamed for their votes, a practice which has no place here. Keeping vote results hidden will help curb this disgusting behavior.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Rickshaw this shit. We have no need for a proposed rules change thread 6 months out from the next election.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Suggestion: Voting results should be invisible during the entire mod election and only be made visible after the results are final.

Rationale: Being able to see the results on the fly encourages strategizing and changing votes for candidates who people think are going to win instead of who they think should win. There are users who might make great mods but who will never gain enough momentum as long as people see they haven't received many votes and assume they would be a wasted vote.

Also, we have already seen people being publicly shamed for their votes, a practice which has no place here. Keeping vote results hidden will help curb this disgusting behavior.
:emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

• 2Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Rickshaw this shit. We have no need for a proposed rules change thread 6 months out from the next election.
Actually, this is exactly the time we need it. As we have seen, people forget or just aren't quick enough to get their rule suggestions in during the brief time they are allowed to do so. This is a buffer where rule suggestions can wait until they can be officially considered, so there is literally no better time than now to get this started.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
In fact, Hodj, this is where you can propose your "Quoting a banned users speech from outside this site should be a bannable offense" rule suggestion. If you seriously think that should be a rule, put in the queue and it will get its chance to be implemented.

• 1Salty

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I would've liked to ban the people that kept posting on behalf of Numbers who was spamming them on steam

• 1Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Votes are anonymous. I can't even see who voted for what if I wanted to. The only way for people to be shamed for who they voted for is if they publicly state who they voted for.

Basically, you're fucking retarded.

• 2Solidarity

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I have no idea what you are trying to link me to because you fucked it up.
Link works for me.

Regardless, the point is another beneficial side effect of making votes invisible is that we don't have to listen to people bitch and whine about people they don't like getting votes.

...Did you have an actual reason why this wouldn't be a good rule or are you just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian?

• 1Salty

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Link works for me.

Regardless, the point is another beneficial side effect of making votes invisible is that we don't have to listen to people bitch and whine about people they don't like getting votes.

...Did you have an actual reason why this wouldn't be a good rule or are you just being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian?
My point was that you are wrong, retarded, and don't know how to link or quote a post properly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
My point was that you are wrong, retarded, and don't know how to link or quote a post properly.
"Contrarian" it is, then. I'm glad you have no problem with the rule suggestion. And I appreciate your vote in the mod election.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You dolt. It is a link to a hodj post where he calls out, by name, everyone who voted for moonbat because the poll is public

The poll isn't public though, I can't see who voted for Tanoomba.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
He is trying to say he doesn't want the numbers each person is getting to be seen. That way people won't bandwagon.

Not going to happen. We are going to keep that portion the same, doesn't matter who the moderators are. The voting system we use is in my purview and mine only.

You know that the US president's numbers are reported as fast as they can right? In our country we trust the people to vote for president and not bandwagon but you don't think a forum can handle it ....

• 2Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Tanoomba only cares because he is delusional enough to think he'll actually win if people aren't being "shamed" for voting for him or by seeing how low his vote total is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
He is trying to say he doesn't want the numbers each person is getting to be seen. That way people won't bandwagon.

Not going to happen. We are going to keep that portion the same, doesn't matter who the moderators are. The voting system we use is in my purview and mine only.

You know that the US president's numbers are reported as fast as they can right? In our country we trust the people to vote for president and not bandwagon but you don't think a forum can handle it ....
The numbers are reported after the votes are in. People can't change their votes after they see the direction the votes are going.

Obviously, you have ultimate say in whether or not rule changes get implemented. I am simply working within the parameters youv'e established in order to streamline the process for posters who have ideas about rule changes they'd like to see. Hopefully not all suggestions will be met with "No, we're not doing that because I say so".

• 1Salty
Status
Not open for further replies.