Ryse - Son of Rome

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

So Ryse - Son of Rome is one of the few launch titles for the Xbox One and one of three exclusives (Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 being the other two) available at launch.**

I find it pretty curious that the mass marketing for this game is in the form of a live action trailer. Sure such live action trailers have often been used to good effect in building excitement about a story, but this is a Day One game of a brand new generation of system. Shouldn't you want to showcase how amazingly awesome this game looks and plays? In fact not a damn thing I have seen has indicated why Ryse needs to be on the Xbone rather than just being a 360 game.

Then again, like Kameo before it, it will probably get lots of sales by virtue of being one of the only games out that isn't Call of Battlefield.

**Don't give me any of this "launch window" crap. Launch is the day the damn thing comes out, not 6 months down the road.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Was quite surprised I didn't need to enter a QTE to view the trailer

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
They're hoping to fool people into thinking these are actual Xbone graphics because after making a trailer using in-game footage they realized the system they're locked into developing for is shit

lololol

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_47849.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly its probably to imitate the GOW commercial rather than obfuscation - its obviously intended to appeal to the GOW demographic.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Was quite surprised I didn't need to enter a QTE to view the trailer
Hahaha +1

Seriously though, I dunno I'd give it a shot if I were even coming close to an XBox One but bleh, don't feel like I'm missing much here. I dunno, just kicking sand around the lot with this I guess.

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
anyone tried this on PC?
I've been eager to play this since I saw it for Xbone (don't own one) and was also curious how the pc version was. Ended up biting the bullet today and picking it up on the steam sale. So far, the graphics are amazing. Runs really smooth on my machine. The default controls (using keyboard/mouse) are funky at first but I got used to them fast. There is no jump in the game and usually I wouldn't consider playing a game without jump but so far it hasn't been annoying for me. Everyplace where I would expect to jump it does it for me.

Edit: Also, seems like it needs more story. Only an hour or so in and I'm at the 15% mark on campaign.

With that said, I've had a few beers so...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
the controls are annoying but I am enjoying it so far.

Ok about done with the game. I really liked it for a gamestop rental.