Sacrement- Kickstarter EQesque

Bruman

Golden Squire
Are you going to Continue to settle forMediocroty......
That YOU can Love for YEARS like weuseto...
Relisingit is just a shallowreplactationof something you once loved....

Damnit!! I hate shallow replactations! I'm in!
I thought it was just me noticing all the typos.

Holy shit this is terrible.

keypusher_sl

shitlord
I totally understand that there are gamers out there who think they have good ideas. But a guy in a beanie and some concept art doesn't even come close to starting an MMO. Making a game like this is one of the most difficult software challenges out there. Their $250,000 budget could employ one good programmer and an artist for about year. These games take dozens if not hundreds of people. They require understanding of complex networking and server architecture. Extensive UI design experience. An incredible amount of 3D art assets. Not to mention stuff like writing quests, balancing classes, itemization, and implementing stuff like economy. An average MMO will run often into the tens of millions of dollars in development costs, some of the AAA games costs hundreds of millions. These guys are so out of their depth they don't even seem to understand how ridiculous their plan sounds.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This Kickstarter is so bad I get the feeling we are being trolled by these people. Is there even a submission fee for doing a kickstarter?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This Kickstarter is so bad I get the feeling we are being trolled by these people. Is there even a submission fee for doing a kickstarter?
There is not. I made a joke one to buy fohguild.org and it was a lengthy process but no fees. They rejected it because it wasn't very subtle about the trolling.