Sam Harris with Ricky Gervais podcast

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Well worth a listen. Gervais has been increasingly vocal on free speech recently. He's big enough and rich enough to be totally immune from any criticism from the woke brigade

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Well worth a listen. Gervais has been increasingly vocal on free speech recently. He's big enough and rich enough to be totally immune from any criticism from the woke brigade

title should be renamed to "Making Sense Podcast - Sam Harris"

yours makes it seem like ricky and sam pal around for an entire series

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Not that it's a big thing, but lanx is right. It does make it sound like a new podcast. Of course when you think about it for 1 second you realize that the title is an episode, not the entire podcast. So, ya know.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I only wanted to highlight this episode.

I assume most of this forum is already aware that Harris has a podcast

Also, Gervais is infinitely more famous than Harris, so the notion that he'd be a support act for Harris is nonsensical

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Do you just go into the tv subforum and post a new thread

Haley Atwell on Agents of Shield S02 E01

?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Do you just go into the tv subforum and post a new thread

Haley Atwell on Agents of Shield S02 E01

?

That almost made me laugh, your delivery let you down and isn't up to my standards as a comedy connoisseur

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So, apparently, Sam is changing his model for podcasting. He's been holding special content behind a paywall for a while now to encourage subscribers. He's now basically transitioning the podcast to a subscription only model, where non-subscribers will get what amounts to a preview of the episode.

Not sure how this is going to work out for him. Part of me thinks that he just fundamentally misunderstands the medium, but he's built a relatively successful little empire off the back of the podcast and his books so what do I know, maybe he's the one who knows what's up.

Can't say I'll be subscribing, though. And I doubt he's going to get a huge surge in subs in general. Seems like the kind of thing he would do if his intent was to just stop the podcast entirely, but that doesn't seem to be the case since he's been putting all this workinto rebranding and getting delivery mechanisms sorted.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So, apparently, Sam is changing his model for podcasting. He's been holding special content behind a paywall for a while now to encourage subscribers. He's now basically transitioning the podcast to a subscription only model, where non-subscribers will get what amounts to a preview of the episode.

Not sure how this is going to work out for him. Part of me thinks that he just fundamentally misunderstands the medium, but he's built a relatively successful little empire off the back of the podcast and his books so what do I know, maybe he's the one who knows what's up.

Can't say I'll be subscribing, though. And I doubt he's going to get a huge surge in subs in general. Seems like the kind of thing he would do if his intent was to just stop the podcast entirely, but that doesn't seem to be the case since he's been putting all this workinto rebranding and getting delivery mechanisms sorted.

Over the past few years I've come to the determination that Sam is too smart for his own good. His intelligence overrides his common sense and he always sides with his intelligence. This seems like a perfect example of something that sounds good on paper in a business meeting but will not produce the actual desired results.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
how do podcast subscriptions even work? do you like get an app or something to stream? or you just get a download link everytime an episode is released?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
You get a custom RSS link, I think, with a key or something embedded in it. idk, never subscribed to a podcast.

Yeah, I agree LiquidDeath LiquidDeath for the most part. He keeps getting up his own ass on these tangents, or he'll have conversations that seem to revolve around perceived slights to him, and god knows he's triggered af about twitter. Similarly with this, he talks about subscription model podcasting as if it is just obvious that this is how it has to be. But I don't think it really is to anyone but him. But hey, props for the heads up, didn't waste my time listening to half a podcast.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You get a custom RSS link, I think, with a key or something embedded in it. idk, never subscribed to a podcast.

Yeah, I agree LiquidDeath LiquidDeath for the most part. He keeps getting up his own ass on these tangents, or he'll have conversations that seem to revolve around perceived slights to him, and god knows he's triggered af about twitter. Similarly with this, he talks about subscription model podcasting as if it is just obvious that this is how it has to be. But I don't think it really is to anyone but him. But hey, props for the heads up, didn't waste my time listening to half a podcast.
excuse me, is it 2006? who the fuck uses rss?