Votes: 48 46.2%
  • Easier ruleset, faster xp, less harsh death

Votes: 36 34.6%
  • Prefer raid content instanced

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • Prefer raid content not instanced and contested

Votes: 32 30.8%

• Total voters
Seems like EQ is still alive but they don't know what to do with it, don't even understand why some people play emus, would like to make their own but are fumbling to find the right rules.

And the players don't have a consensus on what they prefer. Some people prefer P99 which is locked in time early in the game. Some prefer modern EQ with mercs etc. Some play PEQ with 40 boxes and MQ. Etc..

How about you?
p.s. To the predictable retards of rerolled, you can vote "eq sux" by not voting and and gtfo out of the thread.

• 5Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I personally would like to play everquest 2 hours, have fun do quests on that time frame.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users
What is PEQ?
Project EQ which is probably the best guy in the emulator community, it is copying real EQ expansion at a time. They are currently up to about the 10th expansion or something and each one is pretty accurate. But it is like a testbed server so there are not really any rules on the server, so you can do whatever you want on there, box as many as your computer can handle and use MQ to automate them.

Decent number of votes already. Even at first glance I can see that DB do not cater to the majority of people here at all. Could even say that they only provide what 80% of voters do not want.

Last edited:

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Missing the "go back in time to when the EQ community wasn't dogshit" option.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Decent number of votes already. Even at first glance I can see that DB do not cater to the majority of people here at all.

I stopped playing EQ over 10 years ago. I never got to enjoy the original EQ, as I got in after luclin.

With that been said, I guess I have to switch my mindset. I was always a one character (clr) kind of guy. I have to switch to make more alts in different zones of the game, in order to enjoy more of the content. But at the same time, CB is empty by now, and people are leveling less and less characters, so it is harder to make a monk and go to town all the way to 50.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Forgot to lead off with the sigh.

I almost legit pulled one of those while we wiped to H Botanist last night. It would have been glorious, and I'm really kicking myself right now.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user
I stopped playing EQ over 10 years ago. I never got to enjoy the original EQ, as I got in after luclin.

With that been said, I guess I have to switch my mindset. I was always a one character (clr) kind of guy. I have to switch to make more alts in different zones of the game, in order to enjoy more of the content. But at the same time, CB is empty by now, and people are leveling less and less characters, so it is harder to make a monk and go to town all the way to 50.
You can't really play EQ anymore as a typical player. There is just nobody to group with and you have to do the first 90 something levels with a merc which makes the whole point of EQ pointless anyway. P99 is the only way to get something near classic EQ, but that server has some big problems too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Missing the "go back in time to when the EQ community wasn't dogshit" option.
P99 is not too far from that, it only goes bad once you reach the end game. My 1-50 on p99 was really good fun, met lots of people had almost constant groups. It was fun, until the end game. I think the right server could achieve it quite well. It will never be exactly like it was but it could be close.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
P99 is not too far from that, until you reach the end game. I think the right server could achieve it quite well. It will never be exactly like it was but it could be close.
Yeah, I guess that's reasonably fair, when the guide/GM staff is doing their part. It was fairly rare to have to deal with camp issues or training or other fuckery on P99 until you were involved in the dogpile that is the endgame, and when it did happen, it was typically dealt with quickly.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Things were definitely more fun on VZ before every major guild cross-teamed.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
biggest problem with EQ is the type of people who are still playing it. even if you could perfectly replicate the 1999 experience, you can't bring back the player base from back then and you're still stuck with the welfare warriors and social rejects that infest the current servers.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users