Scandal

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Does anyone here watch this? I sort of decided to watch it out of a random pick of shows that have decent ratings. I just completed season 1 a few days ago.

It's on ABC and is a political drama. It's actually really fucking good, at least in my opinion. I begun the series not liking the lead character, but she has grown on me as the season progressed. Love Jeff Perry as the Chief of Staff. Very good dialog and the "cases" are generally pretty interesting, but they often act merely as a backdrop for a particular episode.

Highly recommend.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Season one was great! The start of season two was pretty good but by the middle of season two it got so absolutely awfully terribad I've stopped watching. I'll wait until you catch up to say more.

One of the fastest great show to shitsville since Heroes
frown.png

frown.png

Lusiphur

Peasant
Necro !!!
biggrin.png

Just watched S1 and S2 and I totally disagree with Gwen here. It dipped a little in the middle of S2 but it ended strong. For a Shonda Rimes show it has really avoided soap cliche very well and has had some really sharp writing. I suspect they weren't expecting to do a full season run and had to find some extra eps, hence why it got patchy. They should be ready for that for S3.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I stopped at the episode which ended with a recovery Jesus would have been proud of.

If you are telling me that was the low point and it got back to season 1 form then I'll happily give it another go, at that point though it had just got so preposterously stupid with the conspiracy nonsense etc I just gave up presuming the writers had been given waaay too many network notes.

For clarification I stopped when Fitz came back from the dead after we had endured several episodes worth of the worst conspiracy theory nonsense I can recall being shown on tv.

Lusiphur

Peasant
I stopped at the episode which ended with a recovery Jesus would have been proud of.

If you are telling me that was the low point and it got back to season 1 form then I'll happily give it another go, at that point though it had just got so preposterously stupid with the conspiracy nonsense etc I just gave up presuming the writers had been given waaay too many network notes.

For clarification I stopped when Fitz came back from the dead after we had endured several episodes worth of the worst conspiracy theory nonsense I can recall being shown on tv.
Yeah, that was the dip. I thought it got much better after that especially with how Mellie was being written. It is a conspiracy theory show, mind, so that kind of stuff is going to be hard to avoid
wink.png

Anyways, ymmv etc.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
It's well worth watching past that point. If it makes you feel better, the recovery wasn't as amazing as they first made it seem.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Third season started last week. Olivia's still hot, Huck is going psycho, this should be a fun season.

Lusiphur

Peasant
This show still rocks. Mind you I am still waiting for it to go all Grey's Anatomy but it is keeping it raw nicely.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Seems like they've gone a little too off the rails this season, which is a shame since I did enjoy for what it was.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah they CLEARLY have no role defined for Quinn. Just floundering around with the whole spy-wannabe angle.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure what to think of this show anymore. I liked it a lot more when it was a formulaic show about people with issues and helping them solve/cover up those issues. The plot arcs now are something out of a weird spy novel written by someone on shrooms while taking a side of E. I hope next season gets better as the second half of the fall season fell real short for me.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm not sure what to think of this show anymore. I liked it a lot more when it was a formulaic show about people with issues and helping them solve/cover up those issues. The plot arcs now are something out of a weird spy novel written by someone on shrooms while taking a side of E. I hope next season gets better as the second half of the fall season fell real short for me.
I agree. They need to go back to their "roots". Unfortunately they made Fitz into a murderer which they conveniently forgot.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quinn is one of the worst characters in television history. So fucking annoying.