Scorn (FPS Horror)

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't hard about this at all, just showed up in my related youtube videos. Couldn't find another thread on this, so forgive if this a duplicate. Looks interesting. Not much gameplay in here but it definitely has a HR Giger inspired design to it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some more gameplay of this. Super bizarre looking game. Haven't seen anything like it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am pretty excited for this crazy looking game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This game was released and its free with Game Pass, 40 bucks on Steam.

Its atmosphere and style is pretty wicked, but the gameplay is lackluster as fuck. Its short, maybe like 3-4 hours at best, and there's not much.

There's some puzzle-solving but nothing too complicated, although there's a ton of back tracking. I can't understand how this game took so long to develop, and it sure as hell isn't worth 40 bucks.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
here's a 4k 60 fps PC play through with no retard talking over it so you can sorta judge for yourself if its your kinda game or not without installing

it is free on gamepass so pretty easy to check out for free on pc/xbox

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's disappointing. Cool for the tech/art demo it plays like, but I was really hoping for a lot more depth.

• 2Like

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Waiting for a deep sale on this one. I love what they did w/ the art, was hoping for a bit more action.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Gamepass makes it worth seeing, if nothing else.

cradeg

Molten Core Raider
I had high hopes, played a few minutes and its not my cup of tea and for sure have not the concentration after a full day to spent to much time on puzzles ... so this "game" I "pass" ;)

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
GODDAMMIT! I've been waiting for this playable Tool video since the original teasers. The more I saw of it, the more excited I got.

Then it was released and I saw the reviews.

$40 Can for a 4 hour walking simulator with boring shooting mechanics and annoying puzzles?

I still see the screenshots and want to play it, the world looks amazing and I want to experience it, but there is no way I am paying that kind of money for what I can enjoy in videos.

Another game struck from the Steam Wishlist.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did something happen during development that changed the direction, was it misleading previews, or did we all just misunderstand?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did something happen during development that changed the direction, was it misleading previews, or did we all just misunderstand?
I was really expecting some creepy Sci Fi shooter. What a disappointment.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ACG has the most honest review. Incredible art but is a walking simulator / puzzle game:

• 1Like

Caliane

Mauler, rags and Metal have a long talk on it. They kind of hate it.
short version: $40 game that lasts 3hours, with no replay value. 90%walking, with multiple areas, segments done expressly to waste time. a couple bare bones puzzles. limited, terribly implemented fps elements. storytelling was non-existent. there were visuals, but without any context.

Last edited:

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Bought the game on pre-order for a 10% discount because like most of you i was hyped about the way this game looked. I waited and finally played it and finished it recently.
is it a long game, hell no. however, i do not play games "fast", i take my time, i enjoy them and i appreciate them for what they are (most of the time).
I went in knowing it was a puzzle game with lackluster fps elements. i got exactly what i wanted from this game.

It was fucking stunning, i've never seen a game portray an environment like this and i hope to hell other companies take note. I am a huge H.R. Giger fan. This game really put me in what felt like a world of his creation. It was an artful masterpiece, from the environments, to the gore, to the wtf is that moments. I have no regrets paying what I did for this game. I found myself wandering and staring at the world in awe and trying to figure out what was happening to me as the player. I do not recomend watching streamers play this game, it just takes away from it with their stupid witty remarks and most of them have no vlue who the hell H.R. Giger even was.
Did it leave me wanting more, hell yes. I do wish there was more but i can honestly say i'll remember this game which i can't say about alot of other mainstream games out there.

• 2Like