Scraping data from news/social media sites?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone have a good guide to set up scraping apps to hit news/social media sites?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
Is this for lead generation / market analysis or are you just aggravating information to fuck with liberals?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

A friend of mine wanted to scrape every biomedical device patent off the FDA website. Took me like 2 hours to teach myself how to do it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ExPatriot

This is the end...
<Gold Donor>
I am a news junkie and am just too damn busy these days to keep up.
Gotchu...

I have a friend in the Web ad business and he talks about this stuff all the time so I have picked up a bit of understanding...

Will be interested to hear what you end with for a solution!

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is there someone that can help me scrap all the tutorials/blog posts/whatever off of this website? Supposedly they're taking all of the terrasolid documents offline in about 2 weeks and I was hoping there was an easy way to have all of them stored?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Is there someone that can help me scrap all the tutorials/blog posts/whatever off of this website? Supposedly they're taking all of the terrasolid documents offline in about 2 weeks and I was hoping there was an easy way to have all of them stored?

There used to be a way to make a website available offline. Could you do that instead? Is this all static content?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Depending on how you go about analyzing and what use you're going to do with it, have you considered a tool that simply crawls the site and stores a local copy for "offline viewing" then go at it from that front? I'm looking at a similar idea because I want to keep an offline archive of certain sites to use with an LLM model I'm working on as it's "knowledge store".

(I chime in almost a year later...)

• 1Like