Scream Queens

Discussion in 'TV House' started by Chanur, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Chanur Man With No Name
    SUPER DONOR

Chanur
    Ratings:
    +2,634
    Rating: 5.00/5 - 1 Vote
    9e3A3bHh0gW7qs3bKS6vYO8dXjx.jpg
    Scream Queens

Genre: Comedy

First Aired: 2015-09-22

Overview: Scream Queens is an anthology series revolving around two female leads each season. The first season focuses on activity at a college campus rocked by a series of murders.

Is anyone else watching this? I find it pretty funny. The main actress Emma Roberts is pretty hilarious as your typical self entitled bitch cranked up to 11. There is a ton of off color humor that I am surprised they are showing on tv. The episode last night had at least 2 anal references and a whole bunch of comments about one of the actors getting turned on by a graveyard/bodies.

#1 Chanur, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Intrinsic Person of Whiteness
    SUPER DONOR

Intrinsic
    Ratings:
    +1,949
    I finally caught up to the Pilot / Episode 2 last night. Loved how over the top it was. Even the 1st episode had some pretty crazy references when making fun of the deaf and lesbian pledge, and when Emma Roberts was making fun of the maid. Then it had some pretty graphic deaths. It seems to know what it is going for and not taking itself seriously. Will probably keep watching, but then again I like a lot of campy trashy TV.

3. Vaclav Well-Known Member

Vaclav
    Ratings:
    +308
    Yea, wife started watching this because she thought it looked interesting, rolled my eyes and DVRed it for her. And honestly, with how ludicrous they're going with it, I find myself enjoying most of it.

Really expected I'd hate it - but definitely something I've been looking forward to each week so far. (AHS for example with doing the same long horror flick but serious, I can't stand, bores me to tears)

4. Angerz Member

Angerz
    Ratings:
    +23
    The 90s teen horror style to 11 is amazing. The show is so over the top in its acting, I love it (the conversation in the scene in the first episode where Chad Radwell and Nick Jonas' character are hitting golf balls at hippies for example).

Carrie Fischer's daughter wearing earmuffs all the time is wonderful.

I love schlocky horror comedy, so this is right up my alley.

5. Caliane Well-Known Member

Caliane
    Ratings:
    +508
    Catching up on this now. Watching eps 1 atm.
    yeah, died when Chad made his first appearance.

This is fantastic. Needs more views.

6. Tenks Well-Known Member

Tenks
    Ratings:
    +390
    The only thing I remember is the promo for this show was something like "Every guy wants to date a Kappa. Every girl wants to be a Kappa. Everyone else wants to kill a Kappa." And I was wondering .... so no one? Only Mist?

7. Intrinsic Person of Whiteness
    SUPER DONOR

Intrinsic
    Ratings:
    +1,949
    The first few minutes of each episode are like SNL short skits where they try to cram in as much absurdity and hilarity they can. The whole conversation about her getting 'spit roasted' by two guys and not wanting to be a Chanel anymore followed by Chad's whole 'Look we'd be having sex, I'd look down and see the back of your head and get really depressed' speech was awesome.

8. Caliane Well-Known Member

Caliane
    Ratings:
    +508
    yeah, caught up to date. this show is amazing.

if we walk down the street shooting his name, he has to come out and fight us. Thats how it works.

9. suineg Administrator

suineg
    Ratings:
    +11,602
    So I don't have to watch it since it looks lame to me, do you guys think this is okay at all for a teenage girl to watch? My daughter likes mild horror but if it's all sex innuendos I don't want to download it for her.

10. Caliane Well-Known Member

Caliane
    Ratings:
    +508
    A ridiculous amount of sexual innuendos. I am not even sure how this is on Fox at all. Doesnt show any. no nudity. and really the afore mentioned split roasting discussion is probably the most overt.

11. Chukzombi Well-Known Member

Chukzombi
    Ratings:
    +24,907
    hmm, might have to check this out

12. Chanur Man With No Name
    SUPER DONOR

Chanur
    Ratings:
    +2,634
    Yeah this is what I was getting at when I started it. There are so many dirty jokes I can't believe it's on network TV.

13. ShakyJake Well-Known Member

ShakyJake
    Ratings:
    +2,219
    God damn, this show is fucking hilarious. That Matthew McConaughey impression was spot on.

14. Lanx 周潤發
    DONOR

Lanx
    Ratings:
    +1,903
    This is how american horror story should be, even has the girl from ahs

15. Angerz Member

Angerz
    Ratings:
    +23
    Ryan Murphy seems to do that. A lot of the people who were in Nip/Tuck, Glee or AHS have been in something else he has done. I wonder if he made this show because Fox wanted another Ryan Murphy show and he wanted to do exactly a teen horror take on AHS, because it wouldn't really work as a season over there.

16. DONOR

Qhue
    Ratings:
    +341
    I like Denise Hemphill of Secure Enforcement Solutions. She cracks me up, I think quite a few horror fans were not expecting this to be as much of a comedy as it is, but it's a fun over-the-top show.

17. Lendarios El Puré de Papas
    DONOR

Lendarios
    Ratings:
    +3,732
    I was hoping to see more of Arianna Grande, she is so god damn beautiful. Overall I like the show, specially when the actors go out of their way to be extra cheesy.

18. Chanur Man With No Name
    SUPER DONOR

Chanur
    Ratings:
    +2,634
    She was pretty funny on Reno 911 as well.

19. Lendarios El Puré de Papas
    DONOR

Lendarios
    Ratings:
    +3,732
    This bitch puts out.
    I even let you inmy back door.
    Are you man enough to attack my crack.

That was the girl from glee.

20. atwakom Well-Known Member

atwakom
    Ratings:
    +1,577
    This show is fucking hilarious.

"I hate horseradish but I LOVE Arby's. I just spray a little luminol on there to make sure they didn't hit it with the horsey sauce"

#cahoots.

TV Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database