Selling a Domain name

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Someone emailed me out of the blue and asked if they could buy a domain name I own. I've been sitting on this one for about 3 years because I thought it would be a good company name if I ever went out and did my own thing.

I run a small group and am interested to find out if your domain REDACTEDDOTCOM is available. Could you let me know if you're interested in selling it?

This person's the CEO of some education company that teaches shit with Arduino.

Wut do?

I kinda like my domain sitting there.

Last edited:

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Put an outrageous price and then go down from it. If he goes to low, keep it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Someone emailed me out of the blue and asked if they could buy a domain name I own. I've been sitting on this one for about 3 years because I thought it would be a good company name if I ever went out and did my own thing.

This person's the CEO of some education company that teaches shit with Arduino.

Wut do?

I kinda like my domain sitting there.
Not sure if intentional or not, but you left a link in the "redacted".

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
"My grandfather gave me that domain. He brought it home from the war. I couldn't possibly ...."

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't want to be a total dick about it, dawg

Be a total dick about it, dawg. If you are legit wanting to use it just say no, if you are waffling, price it high to make it worth letting go, if you are just squatting, price it high to recoup sunk costs and enable further squatting on other domains.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Yeah getting paypal scammed happens, be wary. SOme one tried to buy one of mine and I asked for 4k they countered with 40$ since they were some DIY knife maker thing sob story.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
As someone who is sitting on several domains, you're never going to use that shit. Get what you can for it and buy some beer or something. If nothing else they're saving you $15 a year.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I legit like the name.

I asked for her price
She said $200
I politely declined and basically said "have a good one"
She came back with
I know my marketing person is going to ask me--did you have a dollar amount in mind?

I replied that it's nowhere in the $200 range.

*waiting*

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I just realized I have the Twitter handle and Facebook group for this name, too

bwaha

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Be careful Bisi, pretty sure capitalism (profiting) is a form of treason in Cucknadia now.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean if you're serious about this, go and a few thousand followers and fb page likes. don't tell her how many you have, just tell her the name and the "marketing guy" will go crazy over a preexisting user base.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think it really depends if you have any use for the money. Chances are this will be the only offer you'll get for the domain so you can either sit on it and get no money or sell it and get money.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
buy a brand new ipad pro thingy and enjoy.
$900.00 is good money for something that cost u almost nothing.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Counter $1500 and it includes the twitter and Facebook

Is it a US firm? Make sure to stipulate $USD.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users