elidib

Vyemm Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Servant

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2019-11-28

Creator: Tony Basgallop

Cast: Lauren Ambrose, Toby Kebbell, Rupert Grint, Nell Tiger Free

Overview: A Philadelphia couple are in mourning after an unspeakable tragedy creates a rift in their marriage and opens the door for a mysterious force to enter their home.

elidib

Vyemm Raider

Second season of this just started, I need opinions before i get involved. Has anyone seen this and is it worth watching?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I liked the first 3/4 of the first season, went a little off the rails at the end. Ill give season 2 a shot.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I retract my endorsement this season had been garbage.
Really? I loved the first season. I like how we don't know if anything super natural is going on.

I'm only 3 episodes into season 2. "Cheezus Crust" had me dying. This show isn't a comedy by any means, but it sure as hell has it's moments.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I checked the show out thinking why not. I really like it. I like these kind of shows where you can kind of sit with the scenes and puzzle out the underlying mystery.

There are annoying aspects to it, mystery where no mystery is needed. Like, the fact that the cause of the baby's death was held back for so long then revealed how it was, that was cool, and I bet rewatching would color those early scenes so differently. I kept thinking S2 was leading to the same kind of reveal for the cult but it didn't really. That's frustrating. I don't feel like they've given us enough information to really dig much into that ourselves. The events of the show, particularly the last episode of S2, are disjointed in time, you can't really track from scene to scene moment to moment where you are on the timeline sometimes. But overall, very interesting show.

as for the death
When my kids were babies, I read a lot of stories about that, and it was one of my worst fears. A woman who lives not far from me made national news with a similar situation, I think because she was a teacher people considered it so salacious. One routine mixed up and it just destroyed that family.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I just wasted 5 hours...

Liked it for it's subtle, paranoid, possibly-supernatural tension. I was trying to unwrap the puzzle that was being shown to me.
But IS there a puzzle? Fuck I hate it when there is no resolution and there are huge plot points that just get dropped.

I didn't figure that M Night would do that-- even his shitty movies have consistent mythology and wrap up the mysteries they depict.

Not this show: potential spoilers ahead:

Am I supposed to hang in there for another season to get any resolutions? Fuck this show. I hate everyone in it.

1) Does Leanne animate (or reanimate) things? the dog, the cricket, the baby?
2) Was she impregnated by her funky-ass uncle and it's her baby?
3) Are we supposed to hate the insignificant, disgusting, meaningless lives of the rich after watching this?
4) Why can't the chef cook ONE THING that isn't completely disgusting?!?
5) There are no (NO) characters of any worth, value, charm or meaning. The world sucks.
6) Supernatural forces or NO? WTF?

TV show information provided by The Movie Database