Setting up email accounts and E-commerce.

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Years ago I paid for a domain name and had the same company host the E-commerce site. They gave free email service so it was easy to do at one place.

I'm going to be starting a different site and thought it would be better to use Shopify for hosting. But they don't do email service.

Let's say the new domain name is trucks.com and I paid for it on GoDaddy. It's just a registered domain name. How and where do I set up email to get something like [email protected]? Do I need to get a hosting company before I can do that? If I get a hosting company for trucks.com, then how does Shopify work with it later?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Years ago I paid for a domain name and had the same company host the E-commerce site. They gave free email service so it was easy to do at one place.

I'm going to be starting a different site and thought it would be better to use Shopify for hosting. But they don't do email service.

Let's say the new domain name is trucks.com and I paid for it on GoDaddy. It's just a registered domain name. How and where do I set up email to get something like [email protected]? Do I need to get a hosting company before I can do that? If I get a hosting company for trucks.com, then how does Shopify work with it later?
a while ago i used zoho mail as a mail server, this quick 10minute tour will probably explain enough

(i think i paid 5$ a month or it was free, i don't remember)

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
Thanks.

I tried doing that but it asks to verify ownership of the domain with one of these 3 options:

#1: Add a TXT record in the DNS
#2: Add a CNAME record in the DNS
#3: Upload HTML file in the website

I think to do any of those the site needs to be hosted correct?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
yes.
upload the file.
Well not hosted, but to have the email server verifying that you is you.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thanks.

I tried doing that but it asks to verify ownership of the domain with one of these 3 options:

#1: Add a TXT record in the DNS
#2: Add a CNAME record in the DNS
#3: Upload HTML file in the website

I think to do any of those the site needs to be hosted correct?
no you can do 2 w/o hosting, just google "godaddy" cname change and it takes like 2minutes (or whoever is your registrar)