Sewing Machines

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
I have a number of pieces of clothes that have small rips and holes, that if could be repaired, would still be usable. Otherwise the stuff will just end up in the trash. I've been trying the whole needle and thread thing by hand but this is a very time consuming and tedious process.

Anyone have any experience with sewing machines and/or have any suggestions for something that's cheap and effective?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
My wife does a lot of sewing/embroidery. Your basic Singer you can pickup at Walmart/Target will get the basic shit done for you and there are infinite resources online to teach you how to use it.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Anyone have any experience with sewing machines and/or have any suggestions for something that's cheap and effective?

photo_10802.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Janome Magnolia 7318...Jo Ann fabrics carries them... G's mom had that one...my sister has it now, I suck at sewing....she doesn't. It can handle layers like doing the edging on a quilt and heavier fabrics like denim. Sis loves it.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My wife just got into sewing because some small fabric/sew shop opened near our house. She has taken classes there too. Apparently all the machines they have there run $1500+. I did a lot of research and ended up getting her a Janome 2212 for her birthday in ~2weeks. Seemed like the most practical based in what she wants to do.

To add, got it at Bed Bath and Beyond . $150, but was able to use 20% coupon on it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So basically get a Singer from Wal-Mart and go watch a bunch of youtube videos?

Until you get tot he point you want to do something more complex, yeah. They also have lessons at local craft stores.

We got a Janome for my daughter, it is also a good machine.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Sewing is for women. If you're not a woman, you should be ashamed of yourself. But, you can be my woman, too.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user