Shadow and Bone

Qhue

Trump's Staff
3.75 star(s) Rating: 3.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Shadow and Bone

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2021-04-23

Creator: Eric Heisserer

Cast: Ben Barnes, Freddy Carter, Simon Sears, Jessie Mei Li, Sujaya Dasgupta, Kit Young, Daisy Head, Danielle Galligan, Archie Renaux, Amita Suman, Calahan Skogman

Overview: In a world cleaved in two by a massive barrier of perpetual darkness, a young soldier uncovers a power that might finally unite her country. But as she struggles to hone her power, dangerous forces plot against her. Thugs, thieves, assassins and saints are at war now, and it will take more than magic to survive.

faille

Molten Core Raider
never heard of the books but the trailer looks interesting enough.
May be too YA to really get in it but I'm a sucker for anything fantasy.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah this looks interesting but I have very little faith that it will be any good. I hope I am wrong though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first book the author wrote in this world was very good and she won several awards for it. This show is based on a trilogy she made after that which is in the same universe but takes place before the first 2 books.

So being tv producers they said wait we can't have a show without the characters who were really popular so they are including them in this series as well as a prequel.

I hope it's good but we will see.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This comes out Friday. Looks good enough just for the effects to watch once at least.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rime

<Donor>
Not sure what they are doing with this... they seem to be pulling characters from Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom, which comes 2-3 years after the end of the first Trilogy (Alinka/Darkling/Fold/etc), which begins something like 5-years before SoC/RK.

The CGI looks good, but I do not trust Netflix at all to keep to the idea of a series. Not to mention Netflix's history of swapping stories to match current political leanings... bad tidings.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Watched first episode and it seemed decent enough. Sort of a Russian Avatar the last Airbender but with added thieves and whores. Definitely a fairly high fantasy.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Up to episode 5. So far enjoying the show. They spent some serious money on this show. Sets and effects are well done.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This is surprisingly good. Great casting for Brekker, which is ironic given he isn't supposed to be in it ;p.

I'm guessing they are taking the long view toward future seasons.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I only saw the first episode. One stupid moment, but the rest was alright. I love the setting and the mages, and the world... I do think this is a good show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed this. The characters are well done. The effects and sets are very well done. Woke is the new catch phrase for entertainment and while there was a little bit, it fit the story narrative. Its a different take on good and evil and the line that divides them. Looking forward to season 2 whenever it does come out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Whoever is adapting the material seems to have a solid grasp of what they are doing. I would not have suspected that we were watching two different 'series' of books that had been merged into a single timeline by juggling and shifting events.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database