Shadow of the Colossus Remastered

spronk

FPS noob
Shadow of the Colossus, the classic PS2 (I think?) game is releasing 2/6/18 as a remaster, $39.99 MSRP with a $49.99 special edition that has a steelbook, some extra digital goodies, an art book, and some other stuff.

There are apparently different modes you can run the game, prioritizing resolution or FPS.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
amd some screenshots

lLqx97T.png

image.jpg

xl7gK5X.gif

bTnteT0.gif

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Seems like another game that will make the PS4 Pro shine, my copy from amazon shipped and should be here mon/tue (special edition)

If you have the 20% coupon from Sony you can order in tuesday after release to get the discount, coupon is good till 2/12

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This was one of my all time favorite video games. Is this remastered version PS4 only? I'd love to play this game again, but not enough to buy a PS4, although with GOW also coming out, it's quite tempting...

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Rad. PS4 is the first Sony console I've ever owned so getting to dive into one of their classic releases as a remaster sounds great. My video game wish list is already getting huge. I'll have to start canceling on more social engagements.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Rad. PS4 is the first Sony console I've ever owned so getting to dive into one of their classic releases as a remaster sounds great. My video game wish list is already getting huge. I'll have to start canceling on more social engagements.
First console EVER?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I said first Sony console. Always been Nintendo or XBOX until now.

Siliconemelons

The game is more art than game, so a good remaster is essential.

What is this 20% off coupon? I may get this or secret of manaz

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The game is more art than game, so a good remaster is essential.

What is this 20% off coupon? I may get this or secret of manaz

I agree, but artistically, it's one of the best video games ever made. The story is perfect, and just traversing the world trying to find the colossi is one of the most memorable experiences I've ever had playing a video game. My only gripe from the original game was that it was rather short (think I beat it in 9 or 10 hours).

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm gonna hold off, but if any game needed a re-re-master, it's this one

Also up until SoTC, there has never been a better companion/horse than Agro (now we have ellie and elizabeth, who came after)

whats weird is the ps2 sotc and ps3 sotc came at the end of the console life cycles, this one is still pretty fresh for ps4
maxresdefault.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
alrdy have it and never finished it on PS2 & PS3, why not on the PS4 too?

Looks great despite that same screenshot trying to make it look shitty for a remaster lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I shall have it tomorrow. Third time I’ve bought this game. Worth it

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How can I find this 20 pct coupon guys? I would like to gift this to a friend.

Well it's too late now but Amazon Prime gives 20% off all pre-order games. Maybe useful in the future for you~

spronk

FPS noob
How can I find this 20 pct coupon guys? I would like to gift this to a friend.

It came out last friday by e-mail to some PSN subscribers, nobody is really clear on how exactly you signup for the email list that sends the weekly PSN emails, you can fiddle around with your account settings on PSN and maybe it'll some day come to you but you missed this one.

As Hateyou says though, amazon gives 20% discount to physical copies before release and best buy, if you get GCU ($20/2 years) gives 20% discount to ALL new physical copy games. Neither does discount on digital gaming. greenmangaming has some discounts on PSN/xbox digital codes, then you got the cdkeys option but you can get burned getting a key bought with a stolen CC there, which can lead to your PSN/xbox/steam account getting banned.

Waiting for my copy from amazon, I got the special edition and now not sure I wanna open it since its apparently kinda rare, can't be bought anymore, and already selling for $100+ on eBay

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Played a few minutes before I had to do errands, it’s beautiful.