Shadowrest - New Zone in EC which youll need to know about

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shadowrest is a zone reachable via an NPC near the Ro zone line. When you go into Shadowrest your buffs DO NOT tick down including store potions.

You can basically stack all forms of mana regen and level casting skills in here since buffs are permanent.

You can go LFG here with your XP potion on and it not tick down.

Its also a really good spot to prep for open world raiding. If you know something is due and you're AFK you can AFK and get fully buffed in there and be ready to move when the mob is called.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Shadowrest was/is an area that's been accessible for years now; was on on live before I quit like 13 years ago but the NPC was in PoK.

Its purpose is for summoning rotted corpses with gear on them... I find it odd (interesting??) they would implement it immediately... if I'm reading this right.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah its up immediately in classic and really useful.

This EQ is so far from the version of live most people played (Classic --> PoP). This is going to feel really easy and much more friendly than what most people experienced when they played.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I did Phini and lockjaw and I never knew about this. Do you just say something to an npc and get teleported there?

Sterling

El Presidente
Best part about buffs not ticking down is the occasional necro death via lich.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Madikus

Knows nothing.
This should not make it to Agnarr. NPCs were despawned on other TLP and will likely not make it to Agnarr launch. Plan accordingly.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
This should not make it to Agnarr. NPCs were despawned on other TLP and will likely not make it to Agnarr launch. Plan accordingly.

This will 100% make it to Agnarr. Was there for Ragefire, Lockjaw & Phinigel.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
When was it removed? I don't recall this ever happening, and you can still go there to this day on all 3 servers.

EDIT: I went through every patch note from the last 2 years and I guess it was a recent change. From the Feb 17, 2017 patch notes:

"The Emissaries of Shadowrest are retiring now that Shadowrest is no longer a repository for forgotten bodies, with one exception: the Emissary in Plane of Knowledge is still available should adventurers wish to visit Shadowrest and reminisce about the olden days.
- A goblin in Nurga was spawning outside the world. He is now back at home.
- Tuned down some charmed NPC combat values that were unintentionally stronger than non-charm combat values."

So it may not be in on Agnarr, we will find out in a week or so I suppose.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user