Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (From Software)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably the same, wish I could at least tell something about it though lol.

Vaclav

Rumor mill is saying it's a line from Tenchu?!?

I remember enjoying the concept to Tenchu but never finishing it back in the day, wonder how my older self would like it if true.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Wait, was it some of the Tenchu games where you could build your own levels? If so, O have a boner.

So many hours with friends sittong around the PS building ridiculous levels to play

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Wait, was it some of the Tenchu games where you could build your own levels? If so, O have a boner.

So many hours with friends sittong around the PS building ridiculous levels to play

If there was a level creator thing, I never got to messing around with that, just a more violent Thief, fundamentally with a bit more magic/supernatural than Thief had.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I remember tenchu coming out but never played it.. I think

Need another Kings field!! That game scared the fuck out of me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Tenchu makes more sense than the immediate Bloodborne 2 reactions last night. Sony owns Bloodborne IP and I find it really unlikely they'd have From give out even the shortest of clips to TGA when PSX is this weekend, especially one without a Japan Studio logo alongside the FromSoft one.

• 1Like

Vorph

...or King's Field V, Kuon sequel/remake, or something new entirely. I just don't think it's BB2 (unfortunately). The audio gives more clues than the visual part, but there's still not a whole lot to speculate on.

Needless

Toe Sucker
thing is nobody cares about those, they want BB2 lol

It definitely seems like a tenchu teaser more than anything

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The visuals don't fit Tenchu at all though aside from the moonrunes in the background. Some bloody rope/bone contraption isn't exactly in the Tenchu wheelhouse.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maximilian_DOOD was going on about this trailer for hours last night in his twitch channel.

PSX is today at 8pm PST. Maybe we'll get the full trailer..*crosses fingers*

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just flipped my desk without even using my hands. Day one buy for me.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fedor

<Banned>
the 4chan leak that turned out to be accurate:

The game will be souls like in gameplay and atmosphere, but also different by being a lot more open, not having the clear level/Boss design and a more directly told story.

-it will appear at E3 with a full length trailer and some gameplay -it will draw inspiration from both Bloodborne and Fromsoftware's old Ps2 game Kuon

-gameplay is similar to Bloodborne, but more vicious and brutal. It's a bit less wild, but still fast. Kinda like a combination of Nioh/Bloodborne.

-there are skills in this game, including different melee moves, passives and magic. It wont have endless skill trees and the skills wont be big flashy diablo style attacks, just new moves and abilities.

-trick weapons make another appereance, but aren't called trick weapons. Some weapons have 3 forms, others have 2 and there are many weapons that are always 2 handed or 2 part, as there are no side arms or shields.

-the story will be centered around an ancient cult, that has been using farmers for their dark rituals since hundreds of years. As they fear the end of the world, they sacrifice peopla at their shrine of blood and experiment on people. Many of the creatures will be the result of the experiments. It remains unclear for most of the game, whether the cult is really evil or knows more than everyone else. Only a few members are still alive, as the rest has mysteriously vanished.

-you start the game as a heavily maimed and disfigured person at the edge of death. You are saved by a mysterious leader who gives you a new face (character creation) and replaces your missing arm. -the right arm and it will be replaced by an multifunctional device, which serves as a prothetic arm most of the time, but can also be used a some kind of grappling gun to reach higher levels

-the game will take in a dark fantasy world, resembeling ancient Japan.
-the game will heavily draw from Japan mythology with a horror twist. It will not completely based on mythology and still include many original ideas.
-there are no shields, but you can block and counter with your weapon.
-every weapon has a unique counter ability
-enemies will often loose limbs or there heads in combat. Some enemies will spawn parasites from ther beheaded selves, somewhat like Resident Evil 4.
-you can climb in the game -some enemie designs and the atmosphere really resemble a modern Kuon in parts, but it has nothing to do with this game or will play anything like it. Expect one easter egg.
-most of the game will take place in rural places, but there will be a bigger city to explore later
-the game is more open world than the previous titles, but not fully like Skyrim. It offers multiple inter connected levels, that are much larger with multiple possible paths that give the game a lot

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Looks awesome Nioh + BB combat speed just seems like a perfect fit, my 1 issue though Activision... *barf*

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity