Shaft (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Shaft (2019)

Genre: Action, Crime

Director: Tim Story

Cast: Jessie Usher, Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree, Alexandra Shipp, Regina Hall

Release: 2019-06-14

Plot: Shaft is the next chapter in the film franchise featuring the coolest private eye on any New York City block. JJ, aka John Shaft Jr. (Usher), may be a cyber security expert with a degree from MIT, but to uncover the truth behind his best friend’s untimely death, he needs an education only his dad can provide. Absent throughout JJ’s youth, the legendary locked-and-loaded John Shaft (Jackson) agrees to help his progeny navigate Harlem’s heroin-infested underbelly. And while JJ’s own FBI analyst’s badge may clash with his dad’s trademark leather coat, there’s no denying family. Besides, Shaft’s got an agenda of his own, and a score to settle that’s professional and personal.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's Shaft, the sequel to Shaft, which is a reboot of Shaft.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this today, was a lot more fun than I expected. On RT the critics score is 34%, the audience score is 94% which is a bit eye opening. Its way, way better than Dark Phoenix. Its not great, but 90 minutes passes by fast. Movie is full of cliches and is super predictable but hey, its Shaft.

The movie goes in pretty hard against millennials, SJW, gender identity, etc so I can see why critics are climbing over each other to downrate the movie but can't go too low because most of the cast is black. It reminded me a lot of Lethal Weapon 1 in its mix of comedy/action and basic plot and acts and characters. Obviously Lethal Weapon is way, way better but it was really fun watching Sam Jackson and you can tell he totally had fun making this. Some hilarious one liners from him.

The weakest part is pretty much everyone other than Sam Jackson, the bad guys are really boring and generic as hell.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Saw this today, was a lot more fun than I expected. On RT the critics score is 34%, the audience score is 94% which is a bit eye opening. Its way, way better than Dark Phoenix. Its not great, but 90 minutes passes by fast. Movie is full of cliches and is super predictable but hey, its Shaft.

The movie goes in pretty hard against millennials, SJW, gender identity, etc so I can see why critics are climbing over each other to downrate the movie but can't go too low because most of the cast is black. It reminded me a lot of Lethal Weapon 1 in its mix of comedy/action and basic plot and acts and characters. Obviously Lethal Weapon is way, way better but it was really fun watching Sam Jackson and you can tell he totally had fun making this. Some hilarious one liners from him.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm surprised anyone actually reads movie "reviewer" sites in this day and age. Rotten Tomatoes hasn't been a realistic expectation of "good" movies in a long time.

I had a friend read me off the reviewer scores and audience scores for Godzilla; Yeah... reviewers don't like watching movies. At this point it's a fact. Don't trust them or their shit opinions.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure this is going to be the movie for the Mrs and I think weekend. It pained me that the ONLY marketing I saw for this was ONE trailer, before John Wick.

Then again, as noted, it's a hard anti-SJW/wahtever bit and the Hollywood "establishment" isn't going to encourage such "nonsense"

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
The movie goes in pretty hard against millennials, SJW, gender identity, etc so I can see why critics are climbing over each other to downrate the movie but can't go too low because most of the cast is black.

And this just became a must see

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I watched this a few days ago, not as bad as rotten score claims. SLJ "shitting" on SJW&millenials was... appropriate and saved the movie for me.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
You queers are gonna meke me watch a Shaft movie, arent ya?

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
This popped up as a trailer playing on Netflix this morning. Looked kinda ok . . . so maybe.

Then I gave this thread a read and see that it's triggering SJWs.

I'm gonna watch this!!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database