Shaft (2019)

Fedor

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
93d 15h 13m
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Shaft (2019)

Genre: Action, Crime

Director: Tim Story

Cast: Jessie Usher, Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree, Alexandra Shipp, Regina Hall

Release: 2019-06-14

Plot: Shaft is the next chapter in the film franchise featuring the coolest private eye on any New York City block. JJ, aka John Shaft Jr. (Usher), may be a cyber security expert with a degree from MIT, but to uncover the truth behind his best friend’s untimely death, he needs an education only his dad can provide. Absent throughout JJ’s youth, the legendary locked-and-loaded John Shaft (Jackson) agrees to help his progeny navigate Harlem’s heroin-infested underbelly. And while JJ’s own FBI analyst’s badge may clash with his dad’s trademark leather coat, there’s no denying family. Besides, Shaft’s got an agenda of his own, and a score to settle that’s professional and personal.

spronk

FPS noob
24d 22h 39m
Saw this today, was a lot more fun than I expected. On RT the critics score is 34%, the audience score is 94% which is a bit eye opening. Its way, way better than Dark Phoenix. Its not great, but 90 minutes passes by fast. Movie is full of cliches and is super predictable but hey, its Shaft.

The movie goes in pretty hard against millennials, SJW, gender identity, etc so I can see why critics are climbing over each other to downrate the movie but can't go too low because most of the cast is black. It reminded me a lot of Lethal Weapon 1 in its mix of comedy/action and basic plot and acts and characters. Obviously Lethal Weapon is way, way better but it was really fun watching Sam Jackson and you can tell he totally had fun making this. Some hilarious one liners from him.

The weakest part is pretty much everyone other than Sam Jackson, the bad guys are really boring and generic as hell.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Shmoopy

Dom

Tranny Chaser
Saw this today, was a lot more fun than I expected. On RT the critics score is 34%, the audience score is 94% which is a bit eye opening. Its way, way better than Dark Phoenix. Its not great, but 90 minutes passes by fast. Movie is full of cliches and is super predictable but hey, its Shaft.

The movie goes in pretty hard against millennials, SJW, gender identity, etc so I can see why critics are climbing over each other to downrate the movie but can't go too low because most of the cast is black. It reminded me a lot of Lethal Weapon 1 in its mix of comedy/action and basic plot and acts and characters. Obviously Lethal Weapon is way, way better but it was really fun watching Sam Jackson and you can tell he totally had fun making this. Some hilarious one liners from him.

Rezz

Registered Orca
16d 3h 0m
I'm surprised anyone actually reads movie "reviewer" sites in this day and age. Rotten Tomatoes hasn't been a realistic expectation of "good" movies in a long time.

I had a friend read me off the reviewer scores and audience scores for Godzilla; Yeah... reviewers don't like watching movies. At this point it's a fact. Don't trust them or their shit opinions.

• 1Like
Reactions: ZyyzYzzy

Haus

<Silver Donator>
32d 4h 6m
I'm pretty sure this is going to be the movie for the Mrs and I think weekend. It pained me that the ONLY marketing I saw for this was ONE trailer, before John Wick.

Then again, as noted, it's a hard anti-SJW/wahtever bit and the Hollywood "establishment" isn't going to encourage such "nonsense"

Chukzombi

Vizconde de Plata del Reino
116d 3h 40m
Shit. I might have to check this out if it has the queermos all butthurt over it

fris

Golden Knight of the Realm
19d 14h 21m
The movie goes in pretty hard against millennials, SJW, gender identity, etc so I can see why critics are climbing over each other to downrate the movie but can't go too low because most of the cast is black.
And this just became a must see

• 2Like
Reactions: ZyyzYzzy and Rude

amigo

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I watched this a few days ago, not as bad as rotten score claims. SLJ "shitting" on SJW&millenials was... appropriate and saved the movie for me.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
21d 3h 58m
This popped up as a trailer playing on Netflix this morning. Looked kinda ok . . . so maybe.

Then I gave this thread a read and see that it's triggering SJWs.

I'm gonna watch this!!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database