Sheets/Bedding

Solariss

Golden Squire
Alright, so I've been on this kick lately about finding amazing sheets to sleep on. I'm sure some here have experience in finding a decent quality sheet set.

I've done extensive research and it's so hard to find a good article/review that gives you a decent brand to buy. Everything I've read says that 100% Egyptian cotton and 400 thread count or more is the best. I bought the following a couple months ago:

Amazon.com - 400 Thread Count - Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set by ExceptionalSheets, Queen, White - Pillowcase And Sheet Sets

These do feel amazing, but they did start pilling after a couple weeks. They still feel OK, but I am upset by the short lifespan they will have. To be fair, I did fuck up with washing them in warm water and drying on high heat, but everything I've read says that true 100% Egyptian cotton will never pill no matter what. I would like to buy my parents a really nice, luxurious sheet set for Christmas since I've discovered sleeping on decent sheets is an amazing experience. It's just so hard with the amount of brands/types there are out there. I have no fucking clue what to buy without getting hosed on shit quality.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Am I the only one that thinks that paying $300 for a set of bed sheets is insane?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone have any experience with memory foam mattress toppers?

I have a sag in the middle of my pillow top and it's starting to kill my back. So it's either buy a new mattress or get a mattress topper but I'm unsure of how good mattress toppers are and if they are worth the money so I don't have to buy a new bed.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

I have a sag in the middle of my pillow top and it's starting to kill my back. So it's either buy a new mattress or get a mattress topper but I'm unsure of how good mattress toppers are and if they are worth the money so I don't have to buy a new bed.
They work well just make sure to get one that's 3" thick or greater.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'd usually just get whichever one was a good deal at least 3in from the deal sites, they usually have itt once a month or every other. one thing to remember, if you're getting a topper, you're adding depth to your mattress so make sure your current and next sheets can fit your new depth. as an example, most queen sized mattresses are 12in, some are 16 if you get the down comfort top and most fitted sheets usually fit up to 16, so do some measuring.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think a 3" memory foam topper is going to fix a sag in your mattress. I got a 2.5" gel memory foam one just on a whim mostly. It's really nice, but unless you are like 15lbs the parts of you that caused the sag in the first place are going to sink right on in. It will be better, but not a real solution. Though I could be wrong, that 1/2" could be the difference.

And 100% agree on the depth thing. My old sheets just didn't fit anymore, one corner always pulling up etc.. Ordered some extra deep pocket ones(like 19" or some shit) and honestly probably didn't need quite that deep. But they stay on nicely. Got microfiber because they were cheap and comfy, now that I have an idea what size to order will look in to something nicer.

Khane

Hrmm, that Tuft and Needle mattress looks nice and $600 isn't a bad price at all. And I can use my existing box spring.

That sag fixer combo lanx recommended would cost a little over $200.

Decisions...

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

i had one back in the day... the thing i remember about it most was that it held in all my body heat so i'd usually wake up in pools of sweat. the technology may be better these days, i have no idea.

Khane

I pulled the trigger on that Tuft and Needle mattress.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Just make sure to get a SOLID base for any memory foam mattress-- it's crucial. Don't use a box spring or sprung slats-- it needs to be a solid surface or flat slats with no more than 2" between them.

Trust me, I found this out the hard way after buying a new tempurpedic and having horrible back pain. Once I replaced the box spring with a solid foundation it made a world's difference.

Khane

I don't think that matters with the Tuft (or at least they claim it doesnt) because it's not memory foam and only the top ~6 inches of it are the foam, the rest is a solid base.

I'll report back

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i had one back in the day... the thing i remember about it most was that it held in all my body heat so i'd usually wake up in pools of sweat. the technology may be better these days, i have no idea.
They're mostly gel foam stuff now that doesn't really hold in the heat. Got mine before this summer and haven't had any issues.