Shot Caller (2017)

kudos

<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Shot Caller

Genre: Drama, Crime, Thriller

Director: Ric Roman Waugh

Cast: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Jon Bernthal, Lake Bell, Omari Hardwick, Michael Landes, Jeffrey Donovan, Benjamin Bratt, Emory Cohen, Jessy Schram, Matt Gerald, Evan Jones, Holt McCallany, Juan Pablo Raba, Chris Browning, Sarah Minnich, Keith Jardine, Monique Candelaria, Max Greenfield, Brendan Kelly, John Trejo, Dylan Kenin, Danny Winn, Matthew Page, Mark Sivertsen, Brandon K. Hampton, Jonathon McClendon, Chris Adams, Esodie Geiger, David House, Michael Sheets, Mike Ostroski, Nathaniel Augustson, J. Nathan Simmons, Howard Ferguson Jr., Joshua R. Aragon, Jacob Browne, Cru Ennis, Jetto Dorsainville, Marika Day, David Miller, Diana Gaitirira, Joseph P. Santillanes, Derek Dinniene, Bobby Lee Osborn, Ivan Brutsche, Cajardo Lindsey, Diego Joaquin Lopez, Rodger Larance, Jose B. Martinez, Alexander Daniel Pimentel, Michael Benjamin Kirby, Euphrates 'Tee' Arthur, Dash Hamblin, Fred Padilla, Jonathan Lane, Johnathan Paul Pena, J.D. Herrera

Release: 2017-07-13

Runtime: 121

Plot: A newly-released prison gangster is forced by the leaders of his gang to orchestrate a major crime with a brutal rival gang on the streets of Southern California.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kudos

<Banned>
This was better than expected. It's nice seeing Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) in something other than Game of Thrones. I hope he does more things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Looks legit. Would be nice to see some more people weigh in who have seen it.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah it was a good movie, it just goes to show you how shit can spiral out of control from one mistake.

I mean, I would most liken this movie to something like American History X or The Wire.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Reminded me why I won't drive even if it's only a couple drinks.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Saw it one last time recently. Recommend.

The thing I respect about this movie the most is the ending. It could have given us so many variations of the same ending.

I think considering the subject matter of the movie, this was a sleeper-- in the sense that it is a great movie.

I'm on a string of prison flicks with Cell Block 99 and now this. I don't know where to go from here bros, but I know I need to check some suggestions and lighten up. Take a romance drama to pull this nose back up!

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Just watched this on Amazon Prime. This movie is fucking raw. It will stick with you after you watch it. Highly recommended. Maybe its partly because I had zero expectations before watching, but i'd give it like 9/10.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just watched this on Amazon Prime. This movie is fucking raw. It will stick with you after you watch it. Highly recommended. Maybe its partly because I had zero expectations before watching, but i'd give it like 9/10.

No I think the user who said its the AHX of our modern day had it right.

It may not deal with race themes and relations exclusively, but they are still represented in the movie. Its like a spiritual successor to AHX in its story-telling, if nothing else. Spiritual successor-- also in the sense of the impact of the narrative.

I don't believe in discussing spoilers tagged or not, so I'm going to stop there. This is a must-watch.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie was well acted and well made, but the premise was flawed from the start.

Gang bangers are gang bangers because the want to be gang bangers. I don't buy it, that 'Money' was forced into a life of being a shot caller, just to survive and not be anal raped. He was too 'white collar' to for any of it to be plausible. His backstory should have been a life and career that wasn't so polar opposite of where he ended up and I could have probably bought it.

• 1Picard
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database