Show Me a Hero

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
zvbK3gNeJmfJx1lIBGlpGKOqMzV.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Show Me a Hero[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]History[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-08-16[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Mayor Nick Wasicsko took office in 1987 during Yonkers' worst crisis when federal courts ordered public housing to be built in the white, middle class side of town, dividing the city in a bitter battle fueled by fear, racism, murder and politics.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Based on the book of the same name, a 6 part mini-series that will air on HBO this year.

Mayor Nick Wasicsko took office in 1987 during Yonkers' worst crisis when federal courts ordered public housing built in the white, middle class side of town, dividing the city in a bitter battle fueled by fear, racism, murder and politics.
Show Me a Hero (TV Mini-Series 2015) - IMDb

Show Me A Hero: Lisa Belkin: 9780316088640: Amazon.com: Books

Selix posted this spoilered video in The Wire Thread, which is how I found out about this show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope this time people will actually watch a David Simon TV show BEFORE it got cancelled / finished.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Starts this Sunday Night, the 16th of August. There will be six episodes over the next three weeks (two every Sunday).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
cant wait to avoid this show. enough racial conflict in real life without some tv show trying to white guilt me to death.

iannis

Musty Nester
Are we sure isn't not Show me AN hero?

Because I think a 6 part documentary about /b/tards would be entertaining.

spronk

FPS noob
official trailer, other one above has been removed

is that the same dude from ex machina? jesus he looks completely different. gonna be in star wars too, right?

Looks kinda boring to be honest, white guy champions for poor black people and a bunch of racist people fight against it. Doesn't seem very nuanced.

Szlia

I left this one out because, while he is pretty good in it, I don't like the film much. But as far as working with big names director, yeah. And he'll be in Star Wars too.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
He's probably my favorite actor right now.

That may change after I watch Apocalypse.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The real person that Oscar Isaac is playing actually won election by campaigning against letting the blackies move into the neighborhood. So yeah, and knowing David Simon, I doubt he'll be a champion of black people in this. More just a person caught in the system trying to deal with it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Really like the first 2 episodes. Made a horrible of mistake of looking up the wikipedia entry of the real Nick Wasicsko. Don't do it, massive show spoilers. Damnit.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I thought I saw Namond towards the end of Pt 2. He needs to put down a ham sammich.

Julito+McCullum+Guests+Attend+Show+Hero+New+mh7R4Bc6AjEl.jpg