Sicario (2015)

Rathgar_sl

shitlord
p2SdfGmQRaw8xhFbexlHL7srMM8.jpg

Title: Sicario

Tagline: The border is just another line to cross.

Genre: Action, Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Emily Blunt, Benicio del Toro, Josh Brolin, Victor Garber, Jon Bernthal, Daniel Kaluuya, Jeffrey Donovan, Raoul Max Trujillo, Julio Cedillo, Hank Rogerson, Bernardo P. Saracino, Maximiliano Hernández, Kevin Wiggins, Edgar Arreola, Kim Larrichio, Jesus Nevarez-Castillo, Dylan Kenin, Sarah Minnich, Matthew Page, Lora Martinez-Cunningham, John Burke, John Trejo, Vic Browder, Eb Lottimer, Marty Lindsey, Alex Knight, Rio Alexander, Eric Steinig, Matthew Tompkins, Michael Sheets, Ivan Allen, Joseph P. Santillanes, Jesse Ramirez, James Espinoza, Arrazolo, Tomas Martinez, Alejandro Rodriguez, Jorge Rocha Fuentez, Johnny Palomarez Jr., Julian Ortega, Ian Posada, Kaelee Vigil, Cesar Miramontes

Release: 2015-09-17

Runtime: 122

Plot: An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by a government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I learned the other day that Josh Brolin was the older kid in Goonies.

Also, that trailer was badass and reminded me I still need to watch Prisoners.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You can't trust a chick that wasn't in The Fappening. What is she hiding?

It's like having no credit history.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
You can't trust a chick that wasn't in The Fappening. What is she hiding?

It's like having no credit history.
She probably has a google phone - or maybe she's tech savvy enough to know you shouldn't keep icloud on to autosync your naughty pics. That'd be hot.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It does look awesome, but I hate that they give away the whole god damn movie in the trailers. Emily Blunt is the reluctant hero, refuses the call, meets her mentor (Josh Brolin), crosses the [literal] threshold into Mexico, and her allegiance is tested when she finds out that (surprise!) she's helping the lesser of two evils (but evil nonetheless). The only part they didn't show was whether Blunt gets killed dead or just emotionally dead after the conflict is resolved.

I'm not so cynical that I won't enjoy the movie, but would it fucking kill them to leave a little mystery? At least the production value looks high. There must be a study somewhere that says you get more tickets sold by showing more and people don't care about spoilers.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Seriously, I think she's my favorite actress now. The 5 or so movies I can remember her in she has been fantastic in every one, in very different roles.
Same. Edge of Tomorrow really is the one that brought her to that status for me, but I've watched several others since then specifically for her, and I agree, she's fantastic in everything. If she doesn't get Captain Marvel I'm going to be really fucking disappointed.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Saw this today and really liked it. Del Toro is a John Wick style badass and I'm gay for Emily Blunt, so I was all in from the beginning but the music and the tension was really top notch.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Go watch it now

100%, great movie.

Btw, Sicario looks dope. Hope to see it this weekend. Never enough Emily Blunt, during all of Edge of Tomorrow all I could think about is how great life would be if I could replace my GF with her.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Cool movie. The atmosphere was gritty and noirish. It reminded me more of True Detective than Traffic.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Does Del Toro mumble his way to another Oscar by occasionally speaking his native language?