Silo

Goatface

3.75 star(s) Rating: 3.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Wool

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Cast: Rebecca Ferguson

Overview: In a ruined and toxic future where a community exists in a giant silo underground, hundreds of stories deep, men and women live in a society full of regulations they believe are meant to protect them.

Goatface

“Apple TV+ today announced a series order for Wool, a world building drama series based on Hugh Howey’s New York Times bestselling trilogy of dystopian novels that will star Rebecca Ferguson (“Dune,” “Mission: Impossible” films), who will also serve as executive producer. Wool will be written by Emmy-nominated screenwriter Graham Yost (Band of Brothers, Justified) and directed by Academy Award nominee Morten Tyldum (Defending Jacob, The Imitation Game).

Wool is a set in a ruined and toxic future where a community exists in a giant silo underground, hundreds of stories deep. There, men and women live in a society full of regulations they believe are meant to protect them. Ferguson will star as ‘Juliette,’ an independent and hardworking engineer.

The series is executive produced by Ferguson, Yost and Tyldum, alongside author Hugh Howey. Remi Aubuchon, Nina Jack and Ingrid Escajeda will also serve as executive producers on the drama, produced by AMC Studios.”

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
OOOO good book...sort of. Look forward to seeing what they do with this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rime

<Donor>
For All Mankind was good, if I had to pick a company to do this, I would pick AppleTV.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Really enjoyed this trilogy of books. Guess I'll need to find someone to "borrow" an AppleTV login from.

Also, that overview "In a ruined and toxic future" is going to give certain people the wrong idea haha.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah book was really good and pretty short, should be interesting. it'll definitely be full of alphabet people but it'll be interesting to see if they retain the themes of brutality

Apple TV+ has Foundation coming out this year with Jared Harris aka Chernobyl guy playing Hari Seldon I believe (also mad men, expanse, etc)

and yeah For All Mankind was 10/10 worth a watch, 2 short seasons

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I‘ll extend the Apple TV+ sub past the free year for this, liked the books.

Goatface

Amod Amod
can the title be changed to Silo, it got renamed at some point

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I also thought this would be a pretty easy book to port to a show. Looking forward to it.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The books were pretty good save for the last one, didn't care much for the ending. But the silo setting was very fun to read about.

spronk

FPS noob
this is the kind of women in STEM i can get behind, damn she is hot

Common is also in the show, I liked him on Hell on Wheels. Kinda weird it took so long, was greenlit back in 2021 but I guess it is airing this year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
official trailer, not sure if its the same thing i really liked the books so will check this out

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I haven't read the book, but I get a lot of Fallout vibes from the story they're teasing in the trailer.
looks neat.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hoping they don't fuck this up, cast looks amazing as others have noted.

spronk

FPS noob
I remember seeing the books on audible but never got them. Weren't they supposed to be more young adult sci-fi?

i believe the two main chars that carry through the fairly short books are more late 20s/30s so not sure if thats YA or not, but yeah I remember getting more a fallout vibe than Divergent/Hunger games/etc but who knows. The cast seems pretty good and not young weirdos, the main star Rebecca Ferguson - Rose the Hat from Doctor Sleep, Lady Jessica in Dune - is 39 so I don't think its YA.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database