Sisu (2023)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sisu (2023)

Genre: War, Action

Director: Jalmari Helander

Cast: Jorma Tommila, Aksel Hennie, Jack Doolan, Onni Tommila, Mimosa Willamo, Tatu Sinisalo, Wilhelm Enckell, Vincent Willestrand, Arttu Kapulainen, Elina Saarela, Ilkka Koivula, Max Ovaska, Joel Hirvonen, Pekka Huotari, Severi Saarinen, Aamu Milonoff, Joonas Brilli, Nicholas Francett, Kevin Francett, Eemeli Franssi, Jussi Kaila, Jarkko Klemetti, Henri Koljonen, Pekka Laakso, Martti Leinonen, Joosua Oja, Pietari Paappanen, Oskari Skyttä, Tomi Lampinen, Mila Leppälä, Jasmi Mäenpää, Nora Nevia, Jenna Tyni, Anssi-Pekka Fredriksson, Jarmo Hietamäki, Wellu Mikkonen, Akseli Hakovirta, Juho-Lauri Hakovirta, Iisko Hirvasvuopio, Sakari Maliniemi, Jukka Vuorela, Ari Joki, Nikita Makkojev, Jasmin Valjas, Linnea Vilppunen, Hannu Anttila, Mario Esposito, Tarmo Hassinen, Miia Heikkinen, Kimmo Henriksson, Arto Kairajärvi, Risto Korhonen, Mirva Korvala, Steven Madlin, Julia Malmsten, Annika Moisio, Kari Parkkinen, Tommi Pelkonen, Arto Peltomäki, Leena Sormunen, Pekka Virkkunen, Jukka Virtanen

Release: 2023-01-27

Runtime: 91

Plot: Deep in the wilderness of Lapland, Aatami Korpi is searching for gold. From time to time, the overflight of bombers and the distant sounds of war can be heard in the autumn night. Finally, the hard work is rewarded and the gold dust in the pan grows into gold chunks, and Aatami sets out to take his gold treasure to the nearest city. After he stumbles upon Nazi patrol led by SS Obersturmführer Bruno Helldorf, a breathtaking and gold-hungry chase through the destroyed and mined Lapland wilderness begins.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I knew that Sisu sounded familiar . . .

James May on Top Gear being told by Mika Hakkinen ( F1 world Champion ) why the Finn's make such good race drivers.

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (64).png

Also when I was grabbing those screenshots from Youtube, there was in the comments a Finn, explaining further:

I'm a finn, I've never heard a actually good way to explain Sisu in english until recently. Sisu means that you are willing to do, what you have to do. Without any consideration of you own safety, or well being. And knowing that you propably won't get any thanks for it. You just do it

Also that comment is 3 years old, so not in relation to someone wanting to explain it in relation to the upcoming film.

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's close to that, just basically a way to say "endure the bullshit you need to endure", ask 10 people for translation and you'll get 10 different ones.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Saw this last night. It's everything you expect and more and it's fucking great. Well worth a watch if you can still find it in theaters this week.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

out on torrents too, movie is apparently really fun and did well at the box office ($10m on a $5m budget) and should make more on VOD now

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
THis was dope as fuck. It's like Pulp Fiction, Rambo first blood, and john Wick rolled into one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really didn't like it past the first 30-40 mins or so. Shortly after the minefield, most of the cool death/asskicking is done with and the movie becomes slow as fucking shit. And the "girl power" scene almost made me roll my eyes into the back of my head.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I really didn't like it past the first 30-40 mins or so. Shortly after the minefield, most of the cool death/asskicking is done with and the movie becomes slow as fucking shit. And the "girl power" scene almost made me roll my eyes into the back of my head.
A small group of dirty, raped women with guns isn't girl power.

It's good ole revenge.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Loved it. The fact that he never speaks is pretty cool too. Not quite the same as Willy's Wonderland where Nicolas Cage never speaks, but no one is Nic Cage levels of crazy.

This was a really good movie, wasn't too long, did what it needed to and got out. Is it ridiculous? Absolutely. But I wasn't watching to see realism.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database