Skull and Bones

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They can't keep getting away with this shit.

Right?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I was excited for this, but I'll admit I've cooled on it with the multiplayer focus and the fact that it appears to be only the ship gameplay, with no on-foot elements.

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
BOARDING SUCCESSFUL! +100 doubloons! 50% ship hull repaired!

dazed-and-confused.jpg

"That's what I love about these high-quality games, man... I get older, they stay the same garbage."

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
How did it take them 5 years to create dlc for black flag? This better not be full price for what is essentially a multiplayer xpac.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So, uh, this game presentation got dropped out of nowhere a day or two ago... I'm still interested. Give me a campaign ship game. Sign me up.

Cinematic & Gameplay Trailer + Gameplay footage

UI looks bad, but surely you can turn it down. I'm sure it will still be a grindy Ubisoft game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Couldnt sit thru the whole thing, release anytime soon? Never really liked assasins creed, but loved the fuck out of black flag though I never finished it (friends steam accnt)

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
The graphics look OK when the boat is just sailing, but as soon as any action starts it looks terrible. I think I’ve seen that exact fire animation (28:50 in the video) in an N64 game.

Sea of Thieves had problems, but graphics style was not one of them.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
All they had to do was make Pirate's Creed. Take Black Flag, cut out the Assassins vs Templars story, maybe focus the gameplay a bit more around being a pirate, rather than a pirate/assassin, and they would've had a hit on their hands. Remarkable that they were able to fumble something so straightforward.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not only is there crafting in your pirate game, but it is the boat that is chopping wood (2:38):
Seeing as how this game is going to be completely online oriented, it really doesn't leave me confident in Ubisoft when they just went through taking older games offline. It doesn't help that what they've shown is impressive either, so it could wind up on life support extra quick.

All they had to do was make Pirate's Creed. Take Black Flag, cut out the Assassins vs Templars story, maybe focus the gameplay a bit more around being a pirate, rather than a pirate/assassin, and they would've had a hit on their hands. Remarkable that they were able to fumble something so straightforward.
It's crazy how that same logical approach could apply to so many of Ubisoft's latest games. They seriously think that people are buying their games for the riveting Assassins/Templar/Modern Day story, while completely ignoring how they're the only AAA company making games set in historical time periods that are almost never featured.

Now the one time they do cut out the typical AC story elements, they also took out almost everything else people wanted that they pretty much already had made.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm still looking forward to this, but wow.... bad-looking UI, Only talking about ship combat and nothing about on-foot combat/missions? Are they following the Pirates of the Burning Sea playbook here?

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
o snap, this thing is still happening?
no idea who this is that invited me... probly just responding to my beta sign up 10 years ago

1674748943367.png
1674748991703.png

1674750216641.png

sucks that testers' time is limited to 6 hrs over a 3 day period.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
wall to wall high contrast watermarks ae making this nearly unplayable.
well, that and the gameplay.

there's an NDA, so I'll sum up my opinion to say that they start you at the very beginning, with lots of cutscenes, tutorials, and meaningless bear-ass quest travel.
that's not a great combo with a 6hr time limit. after 2hrs spent on my first day, I'm still not engaged in the main gameplay loop that the game was built around.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Everyone who has tested this says it sucks ass. So Since I am not under NDA, I will say it for you my friend.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I actually think it could be cool, I just don't think I'm going to get that impression from this particular playtest.

It feels like it will be like Sea of Thieves (which is itself a good game) but a bit more "serious" (in Ubi fashion)
It fleshes out the Sea of Thieves style gameplay with more Ubi-style itemization, unlocks, blueprints, etc, and a more realistic art style.

imagine Ghost Recon Wildlands + Sea of Thieves...