Slay the Spire

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Chanced on to a video of this game on Youtube and it caught my interest. Its a combo roguelike (die and game over) with a deck building game. Its available on Steam but as like many games its still in early access. The game isnt super deep with only two playable classes but there are multiple viable builds per class so not every run with the same class plays out the same.

Ive enjoyed the game a lot and the devs seem to be putting out updates/fixes/balance passes on a pretty regular schedule. The game would benefit from another class as it can get stale playing the same two classes all the time.

The game also desperately needs an endless mode. It sucks to build an awesome deck, get the last pieces you need like 5 events before the end boss and never get to really use the deck in its full glory.

Despite these drawback I feel its worth checking out, not sure what it costs in the US but I paid 16 swiss francs for it which is about 16 dollars US. Didnt see another thread about this game when I searched, apologies if this game already has a thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Me and the local nerd crew all started playing this over the weekend and its super fun and addicting, especially the daily challenge.

When it comes out on Switch eventually it will be a fantastic game to play on the plane.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fun game, but I can't for the life of me get a win with the Ironclad. It took maybe 2-3 tries with the silent, and defect before getting one with them, but I am getting fucked relentlessly by RNG on the ironclad.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ironclad is less RNG'y if you go block, but going Strength is pure rng and you'll get fucked more often then not even with a perfect hand.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Ironclad is less RNG'y if you go block, but going Strength is pure rng and you'll get fucked more often then not even with a perfect hand.

Yeah, my most successful run with him was a block run. Every other run has been trying to go for a build type only for the game to start throwing cards for other builds at me, and getting fucked by the act 2 boss repeatedly.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
New character released. This game is super value.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I can’t wait until they release the mobile version. Gonna be a challenge to not get fired.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’m not a mobile guy but I’d be down for this. Card games are the only thing I’ve played mobile that didn’t feel like shallow mobile garbage. This would be great for the iPad while traveling.