Small portable computer with docking station

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I have a small business and do 50% of my work at home and 50% at my shop. The problem is that I have pictures and other files saved on two different computers and would like to get everything together. I need a big monitor but don't really want to use a laptop with a docking station because the laptop would never get used by itself.

Something like the Mac Mini design would be perfect because I've got the monitor and bluetooth keyboard/mouse in both places. I've looked at the Mac, the Dell Optiplex Micro, HP Slice, etc. They all talk about how small they are, but why don't any of them have docking stations? Is there anything like a Mac Mini, with an optional protective rubber case (similar to a cell phone case), and a docking station?

The HP Slice even has extra "modules" you can buy that lock together, but why no docking station? Have one at home, one at work, pop the computer off when I leave. Seems like a no brainer idea that would be very popular, but obviously I'm wrong. Are there other options?

hp-elite-slice-stack.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah probably easiest to just store everything on dropbox or some other service. Dont have to worry about forgetting the computer or it being damaged.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Save your stuff to Google. Or if you absolutely need a portable device, Dell does offer rugged laptops for businesses with docking station options in a small format. Like a Latitude 10 with a Griffen rugged case.

loudgas

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Google+ is going away, pick a different option.

If you have a NAS you can sync to it from anywhere. Depending on your usage requirements it may be more economical over a cloud offering as well.