Smile (2022)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Smile (2022)

Tagline: Once you see it, it’s too late.

Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller

Director: Parker Finn

Cast: Sosie Bacon, Kyle Gallner, Caitlin Stasey, Jessie T. Usher, Kal Penn, Rob Morgan, Robin Weigert, Judy Reyes, Gillian Zinser, Jack Sochet, Meghan Brown Pratt, Nick Arapoglou, Jared Johnston, Shevy Gutierrez, Ura Yoana Sánchez, Scot Teller, Dora Kiss, Michelle Persiano, Setty Brosevelt, Jerry Lobrow, Brandon Brigman, Vanessa Cozart, Sara Kapner, Perry Strong, Nadia Ramdass, Matthew Lamb, Shu Q, Athena Smiley, Rachel Yong, Asia Hernandez, Ilene Blackman, Steven Bullock, Felix Melendez Jr., Kevin Keppy, Marti Matulis, Steven Strickland

Release: 2022-09-23

Runtime: 115

Plot: After witnessing a bizarre, traumatic incident involving a patient, Dr. Rose Cotter starts experiencing frightening occurrences that she can't explain. As an overwhelming terror begins taking over her life, Rose must confront her troubling past in order to survive and escape her horrifying new reality.

Caliane

pretty forgettable. fairly by the numbers movie that rips off a bunch of others, without really having anything new or interesting to say.

fallen meets the conjuring. the movie is pretty derivative. demon follows a host, demoralizes them so it can possess them completely. then, moves to a new host.
it goes out of its way to set up the kids trauma, but then does nothing with it.
I was really disappointed with the ending. they don't know it needs a host for one. she bet alot on a total assumption that it REQUIRED one. thought perhaps they were going to go with a "mind palace" trapping it. which would have been more unique. she faces her trauma, comes to terms with it, and she can now withstand the demon. trapping it within her. it only becoming an issue again when she old and infirm, deborah logan style. But no, that would have been to creative.
we really didn't need to see the thing. that was so lame. especially for so long.
as opposed to say...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Basically a lesser version of It Follows.

Great movie if you want to see a bunch of graphic suicides. Watched this with my mom a couple weeks after my friend offed herself (who my mom was also close with) and holy fuck the movie was unpleasant. We watched the whole thing and didn't really talk about it afterwards. In retrospect I regret putting it on.

As a horror movie on its own, it's alright, but I found the third act so goddamn depressing. It was basically mean-spirited towards the main character at that point.

Not a fan.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database