Smite

Taloo_sl

shitlord

3rd person MOBA from Hi-Rez. I was bored fucking around on youtube and watched the above. Went to try and set up a beta account (which appears to be open now) only to find out I was invited around the time that video was made...

Anywho it looks like dogshit out of game and the UI is trash. The game play could use some work but it's interesting. Still in the new player queue so except for a couple smurfs playing dps everyone I've come up against has been trash. I couldn't tell you if it's in any way balanced because (see above) the UI is complete shit but if you're into MOBAs I would give it a download. I really like the idea at least and if I thought Hi-Rez could ever put out an awesome game I would really be looking forward to how it develops.

Anyone else given it a go?

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
this game is really, really good! i love playing as various gods, especially exotic ones I've never heard of, and the lore is top notch (their writers must do a lot of research on mythology, and their hero summaries are way better than the usual LoL vomit of 'one day Rengar was hunting when blah blah blah'). Everything I don't get from LoL I get here: heroes that actually look awesome (although the new skins in League are looking very good these days), females champs who are ready to kill instead of titty fuck (Aphrodite being the exception, but I expect an Aphrodite champ to be a sex tease, whereas every female champ in LoL is designed to give a desperate 15 year old boy an erection).

Here is what happens when you play as Kali and lose

It's a very fun, very creative game and different enough from LoL, Dota, and HoN to squeeze time into and not feel like you are playing a lesser version of them. It's total skill shot and non top-down camera gameplay means you probably won't stop playing LoL, Dota, or HoN for it, which is good since I really like those games and have no complaints (other than Riot's lack of creativity). It's definitely a great way to practice your skill shot reaction times.

The UI looks a lot different from OP video, but still needs improvement. If I'm still playing this in a few months it will prolly be a keeper.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game sucks, it's league of legends from the third person view. Played it for a bit when the beta first came out and I got real sick of going 30-0 every game. The combat in the game consists of "Is your ultimate up? Yes? Oh that's a free kill then." No ulti? Farm for the buffs and then go kill something when ulti's up. Even on the champions that are supposed to be 'tanks' I was destroying people (Odin/Guan Yu).

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
well yeah there are definitely balance issues, but after playing a few games I think it has more to do with the player base being trash. Every game there is someone on each team 0-15+, like people who just walk into a tower, or who keyboard turn, or who are getting attacked from behind but just stand there like it's a turn based game. And yes, it is Dota/LoL/HoN from the third person, and it comes with all of the problems that genre of game has.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
well yeah there are definitely balance issues, but after playing a few games I think it has more to do with the player base being trash. Every game there is someone on each team 0-15+, like people who just walk into a tower, or who keyboard turn, or who are getting attacked from behind but just stand there like it's a turn based game. And yes, it is Dota/LoL/HoN from the third person, and it comes with all of the problems that genre of game has.
Just started playing. Game is fun as hell, but goddamn they need to work on balance. Especially some of those damn ults. Imagine playing LOL, against a Kat, that cant be CC'd and move when doing her ult. Now multiply that damage x2. Couple characters who are 100% ult and nothing else.

The UI needs work, mostly because it is a 3rd person view, and you need to move via WASD, so anything involving the minimap is a PITA. The lobby needs work also.

The community is HORRID as far as player skill goes. I mean just bad. I'm an ok player and have been going 19-0. 20-0 etc with a TANK.

BUT the game is just fun as shit.

Game is a FPS deathmatch , thats all. No real strategy and how they are trying to make this an e sport is amusing as fuck. But yeah i used to play the shit out of this , but after 3 bullshit bans i said fuck this game and stopped playing it. Mind you i was banned for telling a player to be fucking useful and i got a ban for that. The other 2 along the same lines , stop sucking so fucking bad and just be passive another ban. Yeah , bullshit.....but was fun till more and more retards infested the game.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Me and a friend have been playing the arena game mode a ton and it's definitely fun for what it is. I'm actually enjoying the alternative game modes in some of these moba games now simply because they are aimed at having shorter games. Been playing dominion and aram in LoL a ton as well.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Surprised this got bumped. I played it a ton again recently and some of the changes were nice. Really dug the alternative modes they added.

I would disagree with the stance that there's no strategy. It simply underdeveloped compared to other MOBAs that you need to remember have been around for goddamn forever at this point. Not to mention what is there is almost never utilized by pubs. Balance is shit though, certain heros played correctly but not all that well can be neigh unstoppable sans another broken hero being involved.

As a casual game I like it better than both DOTA and LoL but after a week of playing it all I really got was an itch to load up DOTA2 for the first time in months.

Golt_sl

shitlord
I gave it a shot awhile back and honestly could not get into it. The camera angle just seems to annoy me, I really enjoy the birds eye type of view when playing these games a lot more than over the shoulder/first person type of look. Also when i played there was a champion pool of like 12? maybe 14? heroes, and so that was kind of stale as well.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played again, game still sucks. It's a shitty LoL clone, which is saying a lot since LoL is already a shitty game.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Played again, game still sucks. It's a shitty LoL clone, which is saying a lot since LoL is already a shitty game.
Well ya. That is exactly what it is. Fuck they aren't even hiding that shit. IMO the game just isn't nearly as developed though. It has literally everything LOL has, minus a semblance of balance...and no one will take this game seriously without that.

Last night I played a game against an organized team, and they didn't use the crazy OP characters. They rolled the ever lasting shit out of us.

They used all the standard things you would use in a LOL game, Wards, jungler, ranged/support etc. Top that with just skill, it was a mess.

THINK there are 30+ champs now? They added Warrick, and he is just funny as shit to see Ult a champ.