Smite

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Anyone playing this currently? It's pretty fun, still in closed beta and the community seems pretty robust. There are pretty regular updates and changes as more and more characters are introduced and class balance is maintained. It's got all the moba standards, a big variety of "heroes" you can play as, a store with a variety of items available throughout every match (in game currency, not cash shop), towers defending enemy/ally lanes, a steady supply of creeps and jungling options available. There seems to be a pretty active meta game but I haven't been as active lately so I'm not sure exactly how it is atm.

It's clearly inspired by DoTA, but with a different view, more in your face and slightly more graphics intensive.

You can register and download it here:

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/

If anyone needs beta keys just let me know.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
looks interesting had my eye on it but couldent get a key, ill take one if you still have em and give it a spin

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I've been playing this lately with my brother and enjoying it quite a bit. I like the pace of Smite more than LoL. I don't have the patience for the longish laning phase of LoL. In Smite you get to the meat of a match (team fights) much quicker. Suits my tastes a bit more. And I like the control scheme more than your standard click to move MOBA interface.
My fav god at the moment is Sobek. Chucking people back into your group is so entertaining.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Their twitch channel streams pretty much all day with people playing Smite and doing give aways for gems, and god packs and other stuff. Most people just hang out and wait for them to call out the give aways. Played for a bit, but I can't devote the 15-45 minutes per match it requires of un-divided attention so I had to quit. No pause button for a game like this.

www.twitch.tv/smitegame

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Playing this again, some info I recived on the official forums. Good info for anyone trying to catch up on the game.

TheShrike_sl said:
Skrigg_sl said:
Starting to play again after 4 months and I have a few questions if someone could answer. My account is level 18 so that is the limit of my experience.

In the few games I have played recently there have been no jungler's. When I last played it was common to see someone start with Hand Of The Gods and jungle around left lane, did they change something with the jungle?
Well Hand of Gods was made basically useless for a while, then it was buffed so that it was a must item to all then it got made back to what it used to be in the first place (dealing aoe damage to minions)

But now it is not used anymore as the jungle has been basically killed. There is no other reason to go to jungle than pass trough or get a buff once in a while. Changes that were made to jungle:
1. Mob camp exp gain has been reduced to 75% (its better exp just to lane now)
2. Many good buffs were nerfed or removed: Health camp was removed complitely and defence buff camp was nerfed to 30 protections
3. Side jungles were removed so everything is much more cramped at the moment

So all in all jungle has been destroyed, just go to lane and use jungle for ganks. Thats about it. There are no jungleres at all anymore.

Skrigg_sl said:
Which leads me to my other question. What is the current meta? What types of god's tend to occupy which lanes?

Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks
Left and right lane are really identical now with the jungle changes so its best to have ranged and melee gods on the same lane and preferably one physical and other magical so that they cannot take one tank item to counter your lane.

Usually I see combos like: Odin/Zeus, Yamir/Anhur(Artemis)(Cubid), Arachne(Wukong)/Anubis(Ra) Etc on right and left lanes. Most people tend to go with good stun combinations so they can chain stun you so better buy beads early or Aegis if they have Ares on your lane.

Mid is dominated by healing casters mostly but some other mages are seen there too. Also Kali is very good choice for mid as she usually can stay on lane forever with her lifesteal. But I have seen: Ra/He Bo/Hades/Kali/Cubid/Ao Kuang so basically anyone that can sustain themselves in the lane for a long time without need to rtb.

Anubis/Zeus/Agni are not the best choices for mid anymore as their stuns and fears work best in combination with other gods on the side lanes. I have went mid with Anubis with nice success but you can only utilize him if you play early carefully and after few enemy kills you start to ream all the lanes ganking.

Other things to note:
1. There is a new stat called focus, focus increases your utility of an god so stuns/slows/roots etc are all scaled with focus (healing no longer is since the latest patch) Some items give a lot of focus so gods with high rely on utility usually need to build those items. Go look around the god screens and you will see the focus scaling.

2. You can now buy pure stat increases. So if you need one stat you don't have on any of your items you can buy it from directly but be warned pure stats are more expencive than items so you migh want to concider items first and then pure stats.

3. A lot of new items have been added with some interesting passives that change the game a lot. These include: Bulwark of Hope that is a tank item that gives you 50% damage reduction when you go under 25% health for 2 seconds.
Also a lot of changes were made, Qin's for example now damages 2.5% of targets max hp as physical damage on EVERY hit.

4. Abilities are very cheap so buy them. They do not have passives anymore so concider on what you really need. Meditation is good choice for most but Aegis and Beads are also very good to counter killer stunlocks or pulls.

Hope that helped a little. ^^

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
I streamed this game for a while on twitch, it was fun for a little bit but the appeal wore off really really fast. :/

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Open beta.

Pretty fun as the perspective change makes a world of difference. Also, playing as Zeus and co. has that certain sort of cachet.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been playing this and looking for partners for games, let me know if anyone else is.

Corpsechucker_sl

shitlord
Anyone played this in a while? I had not played for a year or so. Ran across a stream which prompted me to pick it up again. They have added a lot of new heroes, replaced and reskinned old ones and added a few game modes. They have the typical three lane style, point defense (domination), one lane with random pick players only (assault), arena (no lane, have to duke it out and try and get your creeps safely past the enemy creeps/team)One of my favorites is the match of the day which they pick specific heroes with some sort of back story and put them in one of the game modes. Last night was AD-Day which was only high phys characters allowed. Another thing to note is if you run on limited time the new game modes are also nice. You can knock out an arena match in a half hour, queue time included.