Sneaky Pete

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Sneaky Pete

Genre: Drama, Crime

First aired: 2015-08-07

Creator: David Shore, Bryan Cranston

Cast: Giovanni Ribisi, Marin Ireland, Margo Martindale, Libe Barer, Bryan Cranston, Peter Gerety

Overview: A con man on the run from a vicious gangster takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his prison cellmate, Pete, “reuniting” with Pete’s estranged family, a colorful, dysfunctional group that threatens to drag him into a world just as dangerous as the one he’s trying to escape - and, just maybe, give him a taste of the loving family he’s never had.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 112252[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Sneaky Pete[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-08-07[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]After leaving prison, Marius takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his cellmate, Pete. He moves in with Pete's long-estranged, unsuspecting family and is roped into the family's bail bond business. He's a criminal taking down other criminals and, in the process, he'll discover the family life he's never had.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched the pilot last year when it first aired and it seemed decent enough. I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread so I guess I'll watch it and report back.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I watched the pilot last year when it first aired and it seemed decent enough. I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread so I guess I'll watch it and report back.
Same, enjoyed it quite a bit, will be watching the entire season.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I am a few episodes in.

Average plot, but Bryan Cranston makes the show so far.

EDIT: The last 15 minutes of episode 4 are CLASSIC. Cranston delivers a great speech.

Last edited:

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I powered through all 10, and here is my "review"

Not a bad little show, Cranston delivers (as previously stated).
The very last ending scenes seemed super lazy and screws up the whole point of "wrapping it up."
Plot lines are a little sloppy and sometimes dropped altogether. (Malcom Jamal Warner character)
Some very good episodes, and some average ones.

7.5/10 in my opinion, worthy of a look.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
Finally finished it and yeah it was pretty decent. You know that Cranston is coming back at the end of next season.

spronk

FPS noob
Watched the whole thing, pretty meh about it. Really shitty con men all around I thought. I really dislike Giovanni Ribisi too for some reason, he just felt lifeless and disconnected the entire time. His only facial emotion was flat or doing a weird Godfather impression. Everyone else was awesome from of course Cranston to Margo Martingale and grandpa and the lawyer guy, lot of Justified cast on the show. I guess I wanted it to be Justified with con men but it didn't really feel anything like that show in any way. Plus the story felt like a 3 hour story stretched into 10 hours.

For a great con man TV show, I'd check out Hustle from the UK, while it was usually ridiculous story wise the cast was very charming and the show was fun to watch, Pete just was mostly sad and boring. Heard Leverage and House of Lies was also similar in the con-game approach.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I'm 5 episodes in. GREAT season. I'd forgotten how good Ribisi is at conning people, fuckin dude could sell ice to eskimos.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Finished it. Liked everything except:

1.) Everything having to do with the mom's psychic powers and 2.) I knew straight off the bat that the FBI agents were the ripcord. Same gimmick used in Ocean's 13.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Pretty decent season. 7/10. I guess no one else watches.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Season 3 had a lot of potentional the build up was pretty good but it felt like the last episode was rushed and way over the top unbelievable.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database