So, who wants Dark Cloud 3?

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
"There are many staff members, including myself at Level 5, who have worked on the Dark Cloud series... There are some who decided to join Level 5 because they love the Dark Cloud series. So, if requests from users should increase in the future, we would seriously consider making it."

http://kotaku.com/5967830/sorry-i-st...-your-requests

The challenge has been outlined, if you loved Dark Cloud 2 as much as I did please reply in this thread and show your your support. Discuss why you liked the game and what bothered you about it.

P.S. to Level 5
Dark Cloud 2 on steam please!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I feel like I played those games ages ago and I can't remember a lot, but I did enjoy the dungeon crawl aspect and rebuilding the towns. Though it became a little too repetitive and I was never able to finish either one. I'm sure some fresh ideas would definitely bring the series back to life.

Pretty amusing this thread was created because I linked a picture of the Dark Cloud box to my cousin less than a month ago.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I liked Dark Cloud and played through it. But I remember renting Dark Cloud 2 and not playing it for more than 2-3 hours, so I cant really say this excites me.

I played the first one to death, but for some reason didn't ever play the sequel. That said, I would gladly play an updated version.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Dark Cloud 1 was okay, Dark Cloud 2 was a lot better and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

There's also a game called Steambot Chronicles that reminded me a bit of Dark Cloud and was pretty fun. Worth checking out with an emulator if you're bored.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Dark Cloud 1 was okay, Dark Cloud 2 was a lot better and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

There's also a game called Steambot Chronicles that reminded me a bit of Dark Cloud and was pretty fun. Worth checking out with an emulator if you're bored.
Thank you for reminding me about Steambot Chronicles I actually managed to fuse the two games in my mind as I could not remember at which point in DC2 you got the mech lol.

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I really liked the first game, didn't even know there was a second... probably too much WoW when it came out.
Dark Cloud 2, PS2 2003
Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, 2003
WoW, PC 2004

Possibly you were as preoccupied by the tale of Arthas' fall as I was. JK, I didn't have a PC at the time and missed out on WC3 entirely until years later
frown.png
I don't know how to make the mega-sad face required after that statement

frown.png

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
I played the first one to death, but for some reason didn't ever play the sequel. That said, I would gladly play an updated version.
Dark Cloud really does not need an update to be enjoyable, the cell shading was phenomenal for a PS2 game could still compete against some PS3 titles in terms of graphics. The story, upgrade system, city building and other details are what made the game fantastic not to mention the fishing and black hole golf on randomly generated maps because that fucking shit was bananas (I am going to keep writing it because that is simply the best description I can offer; thanks Szeth!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRjhtDPxB5E

Lemmiwinks you should really give the game another shot, 2-3 hours might be enough to experience everything many other games offer (Zone of the Enders was over in about an hour long which was the length of the tutorial levels) but DC2 is a hundreds of hours kind of game. I thought Dark Cloud was good but unpolished and the second was an upgrade in pretty much every way, for example I didn't get poisoned by the very first enemy I met, which was before I could purchase a cure for poison which had no limit on it's duration and was 100% fatal at that point in the game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dark Cloud 1 was pretty amazing. I only got about 50% through Dark Cloud 2 before losing the disc. I would definitely play the shit out of that game again.