So, who's left?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
WTF?!? Don't tell me you a fan of Harry Potter's Hobbiton toilet cleaning service (because it belongs there; shots nukes fired!). Or did Jackson's Hobbit movies and/or Legolololas touch you in a bad place? ;p

Just not a fan of the lore if I am going to MMO it.

Unless they get REAAAAL creative with it this time around.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
LOTR lore is deeper than all other fantasy put together. You are crazy. Christopher Tolkien had to write a history of middle earth that took up twelve volumes and even more has been published since then.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Fine line between having not enough lore and having so much that it keeps the freedom of devs and such to pivot even the slightest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
LOTR lore is deeper than all other fantasy put together. You are crazy. Christopher Tolkien had to write a history of middle earth that took up twelve volumes and even more has been published since then.

Doesn't mean I enjoy it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
LOTR MMO might be cool if it is not set in the time of the Hobbit+ Trilogy. One question I have though is, will it have fast travel? Cause that would ruin the whole experience.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Eagle based fast travel with a percentage chance to be eaten if you're a Hobbit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's just so tired. You need to do bizarre hoops just to get run of the mill mainstream fantasy to work within it. Why you might ask?
  1. Can't have wizards. Only 9 of them exist in the universe.
  2. Can't have people enchanting magic items with whatever. All that was done in the Second Age.
  3. Can't have people touching the legendary weapons because immersion.
  4. Cant' really create new or compelling big bads because you're in LOTR. Mordor or bust baby.
  5. Can't be a necromancer because only 9 evil spirits capable of magic exist also.
Yeah. Hard pass.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Like LOTR lore, but its to much of straight jacket for a morpg type game.

• 1Like

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I'm so thirsty for anything new, I still enjoy parts of EQ but I've done the TLP game to death at this point and Live EQ has so much stat/ability bloat the game is unrecognizable (last time I played actively was a bard in RoF). Feels like every year from 2011 to like 2015 there was a new wow killer but companies just gave up (probably rightfully so). I really don't want to play korean MMOs either.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I've actually been having fun playing through story quests in SWTOR for the past 2 weeks.

Hadn't touched that game since 2012 and the current version is very solo friendly to pop on and murder some fools.