Soldado (2018)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
3.80 star(s) Rating: 3.80/5 5 Votes
Title: Soldado

Genre: Thriller, Drama, Action, Crime

Director: Stefano Sollima

Cast: Benicio del Toro, Josh Brolin, Catherine Keener, Christopher Heyerdahl, Jeffrey Donovan, Isabela Moner, Matthew Modine, Ian Bohen, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Jake Picking, Michael Love Toliver, Bruno Bichir, Connor Skific, Tasha Ames, Abigail Marlowe, David Castaneda, Chris Adams, Stafford Douglas, Cassandra Rochelle Fetters, Rob Franco, Ryan Begay, Jackamoe Buzzell, J.D. Garfield, Catherine Haun, Howard Ferguson Jr., James Devoti, Kelly V. Lucio, Gregory Paul Valdez, Gonzalo Robles, David Manzanares, Ryan Jason Cook, Christian Pedersen, Barrett James, Joseph A. Garcia

Release: 2018-06-29

Plot: A follow-up to the 2015 film, 'Sicario', which centers around the escalating war against drugs along the border of the United States and Mexico.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Emily Blunt's character was the worst part of the first one, I hated the "morale high ground" she tried to take during the bridge shoot out even though it was handled correctly.

I enjoyed the first movie other than that, and this one looks better.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Emily Blunt's character was the worst part of the first one, I hated the "morale high ground" she tried to take during the bridge shoot out even though it was handled correctly.

I enjoyed the first movie other than that, and this one looks better.

I liked Blunts character a lot. Her role was to take the morale high ground, to look at these situations through a normal lense and not being able to handle it in the end, because it was so dirty. I can understand people not liking her being passive and basically just used as a pawn for the CIA, but her role in the movie did fit nicely in my opinion.

Trailer makes it look like an action movie though. Hope they keep it dialed back. Especially the extradition scene was perfect in my opinion. Long build up and then short violent outburst at the end. No crazy hollywood schlock.

Edit for awsomeness:

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Aside from the music and a couple of actors this doesn't look anything like the first one. Not sure what to think as Sicario was damn good, anybody hating on Emily Blunt is secretly a closet case.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Seriously doubt this will be near as good as Sicario, absent Villeneuve. I hope I'm wrong though. The first one was fantastic. That bridge scene is still one of the most intense scenes I can recall from a movie.

• 1Solidarity

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Looks like as big a tonal shift as First Blood and Rambo II.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
New trailer. Looks pretty good, if clearly more "Hollywood" than the first ... but, it's one of those trailers that pretty much spoils the movie's plot start to finish.

You've been warned.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah now it seems like Brolin is going to war with del toro over a little girl. Less happy than if it were what it originally described itself as in the first trailer - Brolin and del toro vs the cartel with no holds barred. I feel like we're only gonna get that for the first 30 minutes or so now and the rest is gonna be a direct rip off of Logan. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh. Different director + Different cinematographer = Different style. And the style was what I liked about the first one. I guess I am going to have to eat my words from my earlier posts in this thread, but so be it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What a terrible trailer. Unless it's misleading, it gave away far too fucking much.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Its still written by Taylor Sheridan . Who also wrote Hell or Highwater and Wind River. Unless its different than all his other movies it will be tense with moments of short shocking violence.

Just based on his last 3 movies I am all in on this.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He reached his quota for killing children?

The Terminator was more polite than Alejandro.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Well (judging from the spoilerific preview) he spends a bit more time with this girl. Gets to know her. Feels protective of her. THEN is asked to end her.

With this in mind, I could see him getting more attached to the girl than some random kids he doesn't give a shit about.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Loved Sicario, mostly because I had no idea what I was getting into when I watched it, I only knew it had Emily Blunt in it, who I've got a huge rager for. Not sure what to make of this, though.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database