SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So with the hype they were trying to give Landmark and EQ Next, they end up selling to some relative no-name firm. This sounds like the slow and final hammering of the nails into the coffin.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, this is my thought, although i wouldn't lose any sleep if EQ got sunset. Then i could get my friends to finally play something else.
Sell the rights to some of the classic games. Let someone buy EQ, EQII, SWG, VG, MatrixOnline, etc. Give these games to someone with some passion for the IP and will create something that the players can enjoy.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Sell the rights to some of the classic games. Let someone buy EQ, EQII, SWG, VG, MatrixOnline, etc. Give these games to someone with some passion for the IP and will create something that the players can enjoy.
Roshen already posted on the EQ boards that there are no plans to bring back any closed games.......... maybe that will change.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This can't really be worse for SOE than being part of Sony. Sony is a sinking ship and has been for a while.

Vitality

HUSTLE
This can't really be worse for SOE than being part of Sony. Sony is a sinking ship and has been for a while.
Yeah until you go to your board and try to explain why you're having delays with your product rollout due to having a spur of the moment redesign of the games mechanics.

A board that's never had experience with entertainment rollouts like that will just stare you square in the face and tell you to get a workable product by so and so date or they pull funding.

Can't possibly be worse than Sony who's been down this road plenty of times in the past.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just went on the h1z1 Landmark and EQNext Subreddits and took every SOE_Name from all the devs and registered a Daybreak_Name then PM'd them my Paypal info.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah until you go to your board and try to explain why you're having delays with your product rollout due to having a spur of the moment redesign of the games mechanics.

A board that's never had experience with entertainment rollouts like that will just stare you square in the face and tell you to get a workable product by so and so date or they pull funding.

Can't possibly be worse than Sony who's been down this road plenty of times in the past.
And you think Sony was giving them the funding they need before? Like I said, it can't be any worse than the situation they were in before, and now they have a larger option of markets for their games.

Putting PS2 on Xbone could be a decent chunk of basically free money given that it's all similar hardware to the PS4 port.

Vitality

HUSTLE
And you think Sony was giving them the funding they need before? Like I said, it can't be any worse than the situation they were in before, and now they have a larger option of markets for their games.

Putting PS2 on Xbone could be a decent chunk of basically free money given that it's all similar hardware to the PS4 port.
You might be right, maybe they'll stop forcing players to pay-to-test their stuff prior to launching it now. Doubt it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is it typical to hear something from the chairman or whoever is in charge in a deal like this?

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
lol ponytail:
@DaveGeorgeson ? 36m 36 minutes ago
This week's update is moved from Wednesday to Thursday. (We have a company meeting on Wednesday that I forgot about.
smile.png

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You have a mouse in your pocket?
Pretty much a highly touted consensus these days of no one gives a flying fuck what happens to SOE or any of their games anymore. Again the only thing I think people are worried about is where half these bastards will land, hoping they do not infect novice/in training game designers and pollute them with terrible fucking work ethic and top-down delusional development. (Jeff Butler for instance should probably just get out of the industry all together, along with Georgeson), and some developers here that just may have hopped on board should cut themselves out of this sinking ship quick before they catch the office taint. It's most definitely airborne.

Anyway, this ship should have sunk a long time ago. I am sure now instead of waiting for it slowly their new bosses will nuke the bitch.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol ponytail:
@DaveGeorgeson ? 36m 36 minutes ago
This week's update is moved from Wednesday to Thursday. (We have a company meeting on Wednesday that I forgot about.
smile.png
Hopefully it's not in the parking lot...

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What's going on in here guys? I hear Mitt Romney's Bain Capitol just bought SoE.